PDA

View Full Version : weird internet

gary67
27-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Tonight our broadband will only work if I have the phone off the hook ie turned on, as soon as I hang up the phone the router drops out again. Have already called Vodafone once and of course since I was on the phone it worked as soon as I put it down again out it went. Anyone have any ideas only started tonight was fine upto 10 o'clock this morning

:horrified

Metla
27-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Replace the filter/splitter.

Agent_24
28-08-2008, 08:29 AM
Replace the filter/splitter.

x2

wratterus
28-08-2008, 08:52 AM
x2

x3

Ofthesea
28-08-2008, 01:19 PM
First unplug that other phone and try again, if it still doesn't work then it's not the filter, it's your wiring.
Next you should probably try another phone plugged into replace where your router is connected, and ensure you have dial tone etc with that other phone plugged back in but not in use, this in case it's still some wierd wiring problem or problem in the phone. These two checks won't cost you assuming you have another phone somewhere.
Or else it could be your filter X4

gary67
28-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Wife spent an hour on her cell to the people at Voda they called her back so did not cost us, they got her to try all the stuff above and more and they are sending a tech out tomorrow to check everything as nothing solves the issue and we are covered for everything we won't pay for nothin even if the fault is in the house so should be back to normal tomorrow eve.