PDA

View Full Version : IRQL not less or equal

LightHawKnight
18-08-2008, 09:30 AM
Ok, so i just built a computer with the help of my cousin who cant be reached right now. now i am not the most computer minded person, so i need clear instructions. motherboard is an asus P5N-D, Nvidia 9880 GT, OS is windows XP.

so i got the blue screen of death, and searched everywhere online and nothing worked. i tried installing the newest drivers and that didnt help, i tried uninstalling the drivers and under add remove programs, a error pops up while uninstalling and it says can not finish installing...

i tried getting a new graphics card, an Nvidia 8800 GT and thinking since it uses different drivers there shoudlnt be a problem, but the IRQL not less or equal blue screen of death pops up before i can even log in... and then i tried going in safe mode again and still could not uninstall the old Nvidia drivers... what should i do? i havent tried a memtest, since i read that i have to download it or something like that or get a cd which i dont know where to get, since i dont know if i can download anything is safe mode only...

Speedy Gonzales
18-08-2008, 09:41 AM
And WHAT does the blue screen say?

Whats the stop error?? Does it show the name of a file/driver?

SolMiester
18-08-2008, 10:20 AM
You built new PC, did you install all motherboard drivers 1st, before the graphic card?

viktorov
18-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Hi,

I had the same problem. I have managed to solve it using an older nvidia driver. (2008.02.27, or sg like this). I do not know the version number. I have a 9600gt card, but as I know they use the same driver. You can run your machine in VGA mode, there you can change the driver of the videocard.
I hope I could help.

V

Ok, so i just built a computer with the help of my cousin who cant be reached right now. now i am not the most computer minded person, so i need clear instructions. motherboard is an asus P5N-D, Nvidia 9880 GT, OS is windows XP.

so i got the blue screen of death, and searched everywhere online and nothing worked. i tried installing the newest drivers and that didnt help, i tried uninstalling the drivers and under add remove programs, a error pops up while uninstalling and it says can not finish installing...

i tried getting a new graphics card, an Nvidia 8800 GT and thinking since it uses different drivers there shoudlnt be a problem, but the IRQL not less or equal blue screen of death pops up before i can even log in... and then i tried going in safe mode again and still could not uninstall the old Nvidia drivers... what should i do? i havent tried a memtest, since i read that i have to download it or something like that or get a cd which i dont know where to get, since i dont know if i can download anything is safe mode only...