PDA

View Full Version : Can you swap a sky box between homes

Gedc
13-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Wierd question and no doubt easy for someone to answer.

In order to avoid paying $50 ish per month - or whatever the standard sky subscription is, I have a mate who is getting a relative to have multiroom installed then will pay them $25 dollars per month ( multiroom price for extra decoder apparently) and take the 2nd box and connect it into the old sky dish he has on top of his house i.e sky tv for half price.

Not withstanding the fact the relative lives in a different island and what would happen when a sky tech might be called out to fix a fault in the original install?

Will that work or do sky have protection in place to stop it....Just seems a little too easy for me knowing the lengths sky and other providers go to regarding their services.

Thanks

Erayd
13-08-2008, 12:55 PM
It's in violation of the service contract you have with Sky, but they can neither detect it nor stop it unless you use interactive/PPV services on the second decoder.

Gedc
13-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Thanks for that..Still think he's going to do it..

Will warn his mrs not to dial up a pay per view then :)

Cheers again

Ged

gary67
13-08-2008, 08:04 PM
We pay $18 a month to have our sky box but it only gives us the free channels good for us as can't get much on a aerial, but expect to move to free view soon as that will give us the same without Prime, which indecently is the only channel we can get clearly through the aerial