PDA

View Full Version : VPN

Gamesnmore
13-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Hi,

I am trying to set up a VPN. I am running Server 2003 and ISA 2006. the ISA server is part of the same domain as the rest of the network.

Other people have tried to set up the VPN in the past but failed, and have since mucked around with the settings that much that the defaults are gone, and I don't know what they defaults are that ISA creates for you.

I can connect to the VPN, but when I do, everyone on the internal network loses access to everything else, and I can't access any of the internal resources.

If anyone can offer some tips (reinstalling ISA is not an option) it would greatly appreciated. Simply letting me know what the default Network rules and firewall polices are would probably be a helpful start (routes etc)

I have tried getting the IP address from the DHCP, and from a static pool of address, both seem to get the same result. I am sure it shouldn't be this hard.

The ISA isn't the external Firewall, it is sitting inside of a Smoothwall Firewall, VPN protocols are set to pass straight through to the ISA.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.