PDA

View Full Version : Why kiwis love auction???

Johnny
12-08-2008, 11:55 PM
Hi,

not sure why Kiwis love bidding, maybe they should find a better way of getting excited! have a look on the below links:

http://www.graysonline.co.nz/catalogue.asp?SALE_ID=45698&SALE_TYPE=THUMB

then :

http://www.graysonline.co.nz/lot.asp?LOT_ID=2872979

which means you buy a brand new GPS at $240 + GST + buyers :P

Now have a look on this

http://www.gigacomputers.co.nz/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=8689

I saw many time people bidding double the retails!

now expert pass some comment please ;)

Speedy Gonzales
12-08-2008, 11:57 PM
Well, I wouldnt bother, with buying one.

I have no need for one

Johnny
13-08-2008, 12:01 AM
fair enough :)

I found even cheaper but wasn't sure if I put more link lol if someone wants to buy let me know and I can post more links :D

gary67
13-08-2008, 07:21 AM
So are you the seller as you seem to be promoting this product? Which is not allowed

autechre
13-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Its because people are stupid and don't bother looking around for a bargain. They think because it's on an auction site, it must be cheaper.

You find people paying more than retail for stuff on Tardme all the time.

Johnny
13-08-2008, 10:01 AM
No Gary, I'm one of those who used to buy of auction without checking the the RRP but now on I recken only antiques and furniture are good to buy and IT stuff should be purchased from IT guru and not auction :)

last time when I got a new dead TV (as is condition!) of turners then the guy in dispatch told "they dead and that's why sold in auction!" lol

I've seen a GPS gone for $466 + buyers + GST while it was promoted $299 + GST on PB technology at the same time.

bevy121
13-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Well obviously if you or anyone else buys something through an auction and have not researched what the lowest retail costs are before bidding, then you're
the one to blame for paying exuberant prices!

And "buying IT stuff from an IT guru" will only be better depending on just who and what type of guy he is... there some are rippoff "IT guru's" around too you know.

Why would you knowingly buy a "new dead tv"?

Agent_24
13-08-2008, 11:48 AM
I have bought a LOT of computer parts from trademe for much cheaper than retail, I wouldn't say that auctions are always a ripoff (although they can be), you just have to know what you're doing ;)

You may buy a new dead TV if you think you can fix it, or you just want it for spare parts for a TV the same you've already got... could be lots of reasons

Johnny
13-08-2008, 12:52 PM
TV was amount 10 or more other Tvs and auctioned as damage carton and insurance claim! the one that I got auctioned with the same excuse how ever after I found out it's not damage in transit and actually it's faulty return / reconditioned or none repairable by vendor! after I explained to auctioneer they told me the old excuse "all item are as is where is" which is widely common by auctioneers. lol

Terry Porritt
13-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Old hands at real physical auctions like Turners General Goods and Computer auctions know that you need to test items during viewing times, to check that they are working or otherwise.
Indeed, Turners terms and conditions intimate as much......

"2. The purchaser must be satisfied as to the actual condition of its vehicle/goods prior to commencement of bidding. By the act of bidding the purchaser shall be deemed to have inspected the vehicle/goods purchased and to have accepted the same in their then condition in all respects."

Anyone who bids "blind" has only themselves to blame if the item turns out to be dud, but after all it's only money, and all a bit of fun :)