PDA

View Full Version : Send To?

Poppa John
12-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Hi All.

When I click on a desktop icon, I get a dropdown. One of them is Send To.

Can I add to this list? For instance....Send to...My Videos? Thanks PJ

jwil1
12-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Send to Toys (http://www.gabrieleponti.com/software/#sendtotoys)

(download link in bottom right corner)

wainuitech
12-08-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm assuming you are using XP ---- Heres How.

What you do is go to the My Videos Folder in My Documents ( Example) right click it and make a shortcut say to the desktop.

Then do the following:

1.Open My Computer, and double-click the drive where Windows is installed, which is usually drive C.

2.Double-click the Documents and Settings folder, and then double-click the folder for the particular user.

3.Double-click the Send To folder.

NOTE:The Send To folder is hidden by default. To see the Send To folder, click Tools, click Folder Options, and then click Show hidden files and folders.

4. Double click the Send to Folder to open, minimize it, go to the desktop, cut My Videos Shortcut then maximize the send to folder and paste the My Videos Shortcut in to the Send To folder.

5. Close the send To Folder and all other folders, now when you right click /Send To, there will be the Option of My Videos.

Poppa John
12-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Ok Guys.

I did the Toys way & a DVD is now d/l into my videos. But hell, is it slow111 PJ

jwil1
12-08-2008, 12:35 PM
A DVD is 4GB+!! (so it will take a while)

How fast is your DVD drive??

SolMiester
12-08-2008, 12:37 PM
ermmmm, dont think you can rip a DVD like that just by using a short cut entry to 'send to'. You will need a program to unencrypt the DVD and write the files back to your 'my video' folder....

Poppa John
12-08-2008, 12:41 PM
A DVD is 4GB+!! (so it will take a while)

How fast is your DVD drive??
Don't know. It is an Imation Multi RW. Cannot see where it gives speed. PJ.

wainuitech
12-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Just copied a DVD like you mentioned by using send to - took around 3-5 Minutes (long enough to eat the Pie I had for lunch ) ;)

BUT thats an Unprotected DVD. 4.35Gb

Drive is a BenQ DW2010 DVDRW 20X Lightscribe Drive

Poppa John
12-08-2008, 12:52 PM
OK Here is the truth.

I have a couple of aquired copies:blush: of DVDs that I want to put on my HD. But I cannot see how to do it. Yes I can play them, but....
I am probably going to get Moderatingly growled at here!! PJ

wratterus
12-08-2008, 12:59 PM
I'll PM you PJ. :D

autechre
13-08-2008, 09:25 AM
I have a couple of aquired copies:blush: of DVDs that I want to put on my HD. But I cannot see how to do it. Yes I can play them, but....

If they are unprotected, just copy & paste the VIDEO_TS folder to your HDD.

Poppa John
13-08-2008, 10:06 AM
All sorted now. Thanks for your help. PJ