PDA

View Full Version : looking for wireless boardband provider

Zheng
10-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Hi guys
I already got a boardband at home but due to two people are sharing it right now plus the never enough data allowance per month, connection sorts of get reduced to 64k after few days the data cap renewed...
so i decided to look for another wireless boardband provider which phone line is not required just for my-self...
any one have any recommendation????
basically i need a wireless internet that i can just use it with the modem just will works its own without connect to other equitment eg. phone line.....
also will be good if they have prepaid plan so no contract is very helpful..
price range is around 50 dollars per month, the cheaper the better of course..
thanks in advance..

Renmoo
10-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Data cap?

Zheng
10-08-2008, 10:50 PM
um, appearently for the price range i provided i dont expect the data cap too be large aye.....around 5- 10 i think it is reasonable???anyways, any suggestion is appreciated.

PPp
10-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Where do you live? Don't get your hopes up on speed, data caps, or minimal equipment costs!

Zheng
11-08-2008, 09:40 PM
i live near mt eden....
Is there any other way of getting my own internet connection, wired is just ok if theres no good wireless internet around but i think wired internet will require an extra phone line since one boardband already installed in the house..also i really dont want to get stuck in contract if they have prepaid plan otherwise theres nothing can be done....
also, is wired boardband costly to cancel if thats needed?
thanks guys

Nomad
11-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Have a look at woosh.co.nz and see if your area supports, the website provides a check for that if you provide you address, I think they have non contract but they may be a bit dear than contract.

Nomad
11-08-2008, 09:54 PM
You can also have a look at vodafone.co.nz

Voda is a bit $$ but what about woosh. $39.95 in a contract for 10GB and no phone to pay, I think maybe that's all there is to it for wireless. You can always get a 2nd phone line installed in your place like your bedroom and use that for yourself but the thing is you would be paying that ~$40 phone line by yourself as well as the ADSL fee. Xnet does provide Naked ADSL which is a bit less than Orcon if you are in the right area, but its not entirely ~$40 less. They still charge a sum for it. They lock it with a VOIP connection so at the end even if you don't use VOIP you only save $15 a month. So IMO its really a traditional phoneline or a VOIP phoneline which is a bit less.