PDA

View Full Version : Watching free soccer

kbcad
10-08-2008, 06:21 PM
As a keen soccer fan, I have been told I can watch soccer on my PC by downloading TVAnts and Sopcast (which I have done). However, when I try to open a link using Sopcast I get the following error: "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address. Protocol (SOP) isn't associated with any program" Help required please. TIA. KB.

gary67
10-08-2008, 07:07 PM
What happens if you use Internet Explorer instead, I know some of the online virus scanners won't work in Firefox

kenj
10-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Sorry kbcad, I say no to free soccer. I would demand large amounts of dosh paid to me to get me to watch soccer.

Now, rugby... there is a free one I could handle :lol:

Ken

gary67
10-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Since when has the beautiful game been relegated to a second rate name and Rugby is not footy, the English invented both so I think there names for both games should be used :clap

Sweep
10-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Since when has the beautiful game been relegated to a second rate name and Rugby is not footy, the English invented both so I think there names for both games should be used :clap

Soccer was the original FOOTBALL until some moron at Rugby in England picked up the ball and ran with it.

Soccer should be called football and Rugby should be called carryball. :D

beeswax34
10-08-2008, 11:58 PM
Does this help: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=828779

kbcad
11-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Gary67 - thanks. Will check.
Beeswax34 - thanks - probably would be helpful if I could understand it!
Will have another go in a week or so. KB.

Thebananamonkey
11-08-2008, 04:39 PM

You'd probably disagree if it was invented in Russia, or China, or god forbid, Holland or Flemish Belgium.

Or do you call chocolate xocolatl?

Do we want to go back and find out what the person who invented fire decided to call it?

Sorry for the thread hijack, I just thought I'd get that off my chest.

I agree about the soccer, but I hope you get it up and running.

gary67
11-08-2008, 07:49 PM
You'd probably disagree if it was invented in Russia, or China, or god forbid, Holland or Flemish Belgium.

Or do you call chocolate xocolatl?

Do we want to go back and find out what the person who invented fire decided to call it?

Sorry for the thread hijack, I just thought I'd get that off my chest.

I agree about the soccer, but I hope you get it up and running. Ah well but then what was the first person thinking when they saw a cow and thought what happens if I pull those dangly bits? Oh I think I will call it milk.....

Sorry about the small rant I just hate the word soccer and I'm not even a follower of the sport

paulw
12-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Ah well but then what was the first person thinking when they saw a cow and thought what happens if I pull those dangly bits? Oh I think I will call it milk.....

Sorry about the small rant I just hate the word soccer and I'm not even a follower of the sport

I actually like the word soccer. In NZ football is reserved for Rugby and league. The term football for soccer here seems an attempt like the footware manufactures did in the 1990s to social engineer terminology to their liking and the news media seems to have fallen for it..

For me and most people in NZ soccer waill always be called soccer..

kbcad
12-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Many thanks to everybody and somebody for your thoughts on THE BEAUTIFUL GAME. KB.