PDA

View Full Version : Olympic games Video streaming

Peacock
10-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Why can I not watch the olympics on tvone/olympics site. It is all jittery and impossible to watch on live video streaming. It uses windows media player as a platform . Im damned if I can get to work properly, in fact I seem to have alot of trouble with other video streaming sites.
Is the problem just network congestion?? Im no expert but I know I have a super fast broadband wireless connection , so what is the problem.
Cheers

Speedy Gonzales
10-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Probably congestion or the wireless

stu161204
10-08-2008, 05:43 PM
I know I have a super fast broadband wireless connection , so what is the problem.

There is your problem, wireless connection is not designed for streaming video, a bit like playing games on a wireless connection.

What speeds do you get when you do a speed test at http://www.speedtest.net ??

I have been streaming Olympic Games live Video for the last three days with out much of a problem here on Xtra ADSL (Go Large)

bevy121
10-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Well I am watching streaming right now with no probs - and I'm on an old crap rural exchange that is mediocre at the best of times.
And I have a few torrents going at the same time, so I dont know why you are having jittery streams

*Edit*
As Stu says - your wireless is probably the "weak link"

Peacock
10-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Why can I not watch the olympics on tvone/olympics site. It is all jittery and impossible to watch on live video streaming. It uses windows media player as a platform . Im damned if I can get to work properly, in fact I seem to have alot of trouble with other video streaming sites.
Is the problem just network congestion?? Im no expert but I know I have a super fast broadband wireless connection , so what is the problem.
Cheers

test speed was download 472 kb/s
upload 119 kb/s

feersumendjinn
11-08-2008, 01:19 AM
Sorry but that's not 'super fast', you can usually adjust the player to match your download speed though (look under Tools>Options in WMP for instance), you can also change the buffer size so you can download more of the video before it plays.

PeebZ
11-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Is this using FireFox? I have a similar experience, but using IE, no issues.

jeanmouloud
11-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Hi everyone,

Could anyone help me by giving a link where it would be possible to watch the olympic games in streaming??? I've been on NBC Beijing but the media player is not working... I've tried to open the link on watcholympicsnow.tv but it seems to be damaged:horrified

:thanks so much in advance for your help.

Go on with olympic games !!

Cheers

Jeanmouloud

stu161204
11-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Jeanmouloud are you in NZ? Or do you live in the US?

If you live in NZ then head over to: http://tvnz.co.nz/content/olympics_live_video if you don’t live in NZ then you will have to try & get the NBC feed to work.

PS: to watch NBC live stream you need to enter your zip code & your either need Microsoft Silverlight Site http://www.silverlight.net/ or flash.

And Welcome to PressF1 :D

conma293
12-08-2008, 06:13 PM
i also have extreme difficulty, firefox wont respond, says webpage is ready done loading, and ie says need wmp 7 or latest, i have wmp11 fully updated as are the browsers fully updated. help!

rob_on_guitar
13-08-2008, 10:15 PM
IE - no worries. For once. ;p