PDA

View Full Version : NZ Lotto Website Problems - Cannot Play

learning
08-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Hi

After seeing that Lotto is now availble to play online i decided to register and play online from www.mylotto.co.nz

As soon as i clicked on "register" from main page an applet (i guess) starts loading and i get message:

Error: "The location you are trying to transact from is not allowed. You must be locate din New Zealand to register and play online"

Now i am in USA and only here temporary on OE and i read FAQ on the Lotto page all it mentions is you are required to have NZ bank accounts n NZ Visa card to be able to play online, which i both have with ANZ bank. It doesnt mention where you should be located to be physically playing it

It sucks they are blocking us kiwis from playing it from abroad when i am just here temporary.

Is there any way around this? i tried changing locale but as i had guessed it didnt work since they prolly going by IP. I have not yet tried using proxy... but any ideas on this will be appreciated.

Also are there any good NZ proxy server i can try. I only knew of Xtra ages ago but i dont even remember its name now

I can see the reason behind preventing foreigners playing lotto from overseas but what if we are geuine Kiwis who meet the bank accoutn requirements n stuff yet are denied from playing it!!!! That is unfair :(

Please help

Speedy Gonzales
08-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Nope I doubt theres any way to change it

Or get around it

learning
08-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Nope I doubt theres any way to change it

Or get around it

thought so...thanks anyway

bevy121
08-08-2008, 10:25 PM
well obviously there are always "ways around it" - but not at this forum

qazwsxokmijn
08-08-2008, 10:31 PM
AFAIK you can't normally get around this restriction.

Though once registered, I think you can pre-set your playing for several weeks should you go on a holiday overseas.

bevy121
08-08-2008, 11:35 PM
AFAIK you can't normally get around this restriction.

Here's the same "register now" page (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/whereami.JPG) from my 2 browsers at the same time.

...and there is nothing wrong with using a proxy when surfing with IE is there?

RWC2011
10-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Here's the same "register now" page (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/whereami.JPG) from my 2 browsers at the same time.

...and there is nothing wrong with using a proxy when surfing with IE is there?

bevy121 its easy to display error when u are IN NZ and use a overseas proxy server to simulate non NZ connection coz non NZ proxies are top notch and plenty available out there.

If you were outside of NZ, you woul not be able to replicate the same....coz there is no NZ proxy server i can see that works for international users!!!!

bevy121
10-08-2008, 06:02 PM
who said proxy server?

I just said proxy - and yes they are much more difficult to find, but depends how hard you want to look