PDA

View Full Version : Joining .wmv files

B.M.
08-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Guys, I just want to join half a dozen .wmv files together to make one file.

Can anyone recommend a programme that will do that?

Free would be good, because I've never had the need to join two or more of these files in the past and may never in the future. :thanks

Blam
08-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Theres currentl are program on Giveawayoftheday (http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/) that does that.

Speedy Gonzales
08-08-2008, 12:39 PM
You could try this (http://cdburnerxp.se/)

It'll do data / video disks, but I dont know if it'll load wmv files

Nero/Nerovision would probably do it, but its not free.

B.M.
08-08-2008, 01:41 PM
:thanks blam, I've downloaded it and will let you know how i get on. :thumbs:

:thanks Speedy, I have that programme installed already and it's very good at compiling files to burn to CD/DVD. However, I don't think it will stitch together wmv filed to be saved to the HDD. I could be wrong though. :D

Speedy Gonzales
08-08-2008, 01:50 PM
I dont know if cdburnerxp can do it, I havent used it for this.

But Nerovision does. I just add one file after the other, then edit it, if it needs editing.

Once you burn it its one continuous video

B.M.
08-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Ok, that AVS programme is not free Blam despite them saying that it is. You can use it, but it pastes a message across all the clips that they were produced with a non registered version. Then they charge like wounded bulls to have it removed. On top of that there is an annual fee so they can get lost. But thanks anyway. :thumbs:

I think Ive got NeroVision somewhere Speedy but can I join files and save them without burning them to disk? :confused:

Speedy Gonzales
08-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Depends what version of Nerovision you've got

Altho it may apply to all versions

The screen where you burn the finished video, change it to burn to image recorder not the burner. And then select a folder, give the file a name under volume name

If you've done it right, it'll change from burn to write, on the bottom right

Then click on write

Blam
08-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Did you enter in the free licsense key?

pheonix
08-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Others have used Kates joiner (http://www.download.com/Kate-s-Video-Joiner-Free-/3000-2169_4-10637933.html)

jontee
08-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Why not just use MovieMaker ?? :2cents:

B.M.
09-08-2008, 07:44 AM
Blam they didnt/wouldnt give me a free license key. All they wanted was my Credit Card or PayPal details. It seems to be quite a common ploy for you to be offered something free only to find out it is anything but. If I was doing a lot of this stuff I may have been tempted to pay. But many thanks for effort anyway. :thumbs:

Phoenix, you struck gold and job done. Excellent, just what I wanted so Kates Joiner it is. :thumbs: :thanks

Jontee, Ive heard of MovieMaker but dont know anything about it. Is it a stand alone programme or is it part of another? How much does it cost? The job is done now, but Im still interested in checking things out, simply because some are easier to use or can do more than others. ;) :thanks

Thanks again everyone for your input.

Digby
09-08-2008, 07:51 AM
Movie Maker is free with Windows XP.

It is very easy to use.

B.M.
09-08-2008, 08:11 AM
Dahhhhh, Grrrrrrrrr, dead right Digby. Here Ive downloaded 50+ Megs of programmes when I had one sitting there. Grrrrrrrrr, Im an incompetent idiot, Im an incompetent :blush: :blush:

However, out of interest I joined the same four clips together with Katies and Movie Maker. Katies finished file size was 2 Meg Movie Makers 10 Meg. What goes on here? Both are .wmv files.

Which leads me to the next question, what is the most economical format to save a Video file in? :thanks

Speedy Gonzales
09-08-2008, 08:24 AM
Depends what youre going to play it on

And whether you want a good or a crap picture / video in the end.

If you want to play it, in something like a DVD it probably helps if its of a higher resolution, or a completely different video format.

Which would probably make the size of the file bigger

Katies has probably got better compression, or something