PDA

View Full Version : Pic indicator

Cicero
07-08-2008, 06:33 PM
How do I put a nice circle or even a drawn circle round a persons face say on a group pic.

Jen
07-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Use a graphic program. What one(s) do you have?

stormdragon
07-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Paint would do it.

Cicero
07-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Use a graphic program. What one(s) do you have?

Jasc Paint Shop Pro.

I can't find that facility?

Oldferix
07-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Open Photo in Paint Shop.
Click on Preset Shapes (bottom left - blue & red logo)
Choose 'Ellipse'
In Tool options menu select - retain style
In Line Style - select solid

bevy121
08-08-2008, 12:47 AM
Yes, Paint is by far the easiest for what you want to do there I think Cicero.

(Start menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint, )

Just open the pic you want to "draw" on and then "save as" again when your done.
(make sure the 'Save as Type' dropdown is set at what you want to save it as.... usualy a JPEG is good)

Paint is also an easy way to "grab" a screen pic at any time - just hit your "print Screen" (or System Request lol) to the right of F12 and then open your Paint and click Edit -> Paste, and there it is.

Now if you only wanted a part of it, click the "Select" icon directly under the "Edit" menu item, and left click at the corner of the bit you want, then drag a rectangle to the size you require.

Then with the pointer within the rectangle, right click and select copy.

Now - go to File -> New (save the screengrab if you want when it asks, or not) and then at the new "untitled" blank canvas, click Edit -> Paste again and there's the selected bit.

You may very well know that , but thought I'd add it anyway LOL

Cicero
08-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Thanks Older and Bev,didn't get any of that.

I have only ever used auto parts of these,and all I want to do is put a circle round head of one in a group!

Would there be an easier way using photo shop,I have that too?

Speedy Gonzales
08-08-2008, 08:55 AM
What version of Paint shop?? I've got this, (X2), but it maybe different to yours.

Cicero
08-08-2008, 09:24 AM
What version of Paint shop?? I've got this, (X2), but it maybe different to yours.

Adobe image readyCS and Photoshop CS

Speedy Gonzales
08-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Oops read that wrong, thought you said Paintshop

I had Photoshop installed previously, but it installed too much crap. Well PSP does too (its probably worse with its install)

Cicero
08-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Oops read that wrong, thought you said Paint shop

I had Photo shop installed previously, but it installed too much crap. Well PSP does too (its probably worse with its install)

I have Paint shop Pro 9 too.

I thought there was something in XP accessories that allowed you to put a ring around it?

Speedy Gonzales
08-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Probably Paint, thats the only thing that came with XP