PDA

View Full Version : My Sound is acting odd.

Chimneyimp
07-08-2008, 01:45 PM
This is seems odd. My computers sound volume continues to drop. I i turn it up and the tuner arrow falls. Its really odd. Wondering what i could do to fix it.

stormdragon
07-08-2008, 02:00 PM
This is seems odd. My computers sound volume continues to drop. I i turn it up and the tuner arrow falls. Its really odd. Wondering what i could do to fix it.

Welcome to PressF1

Are you sure you have the correct audio drivers?

Did you change anything prior to this problem appearing?

Chimneyimp
07-08-2008, 02:04 PM
I m unsure on the drivers. I am a bit of computer illiterate. I don't think i changed anything prior to the problem appearing. I do however run spybot. It may have changed something.

stormdragon
07-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Does your computer have a separate sound card or do you use the sound built into your motherboard?

Chimneyimp
07-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Its a laptop. So i would assume that the sound would be built in. Its pretty stock havent changed anything on it.

stormdragon
07-08-2008, 02:16 PM
What's the laptops brand and model number? Plus what Operating System are you running on it?

Chimneyimp
07-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Ok its a toshiba Satellite. Im using vista. Is their a program that is free that will scan and update all my drivers.

Speedy Gonzales
07-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Go to the toshiba site and search for the model, then get the drivers

Dont get drivers from the windowsupdate site, they'll stuff things up

stormdragon
07-08-2008, 02:22 PM
What model number is the Satellite there are a lot of those.

I believe there is a couple of programs that can scan for driver updates although if you can find out what the device is its often just as easy and often better to download the drivers from the manufacturers site.

You should find a complete list of drivers for your laptop on the Toshiba website.