PDA

View Full Version : Who to recommend for Broadband?

davedog
07-08-2008, 01:24 PM
A colleage is going to upgrade from dial-up to Broadband. She's only looking for a entry level plan (say 1Gb or so) and no charges if you go over (but happy with a reduction in speed)

Also wants a wireless router as sometimes takes her work lappy home.

Does anyone want to recommend anyone - and does anyone chuck in the router if you sign up for a fixed term...

- My observation: I'm with Telecom, 10Gb month, capped speeds, drops speed if you go over - $59.95. It works - but not so thrilled to recommend them to anyone else! (and their D-Link modem was crap - kept disconnecting all the time)

pctek
07-08-2008, 01:33 PM
World Exchange
Snap
Orcon

bevy121
07-08-2008, 02:59 PM
world exchange/xnet

35 bucks plus a dollar a gig - you set how much you want before you get throttled back to 64k.
If you only want 1 gig, set it at that and thats all you'll pay - 35 + 1
and no hassles about extra costs if you dont have your phone or tolls etc with them

*Edit*

actually, just looked...... $33-95 plus $1-02 a gig

and the good thing there is you can adjust it month to month

If you want one month with more data, you just set it for what you want for that month, then set it back to the lower data cap for the next

mzee
07-08-2008, 06:21 PM
I changed to Vodafone. 20gigs for $50. Also have land line with them. Excellent service.

bevy121
08-08-2008, 12:59 AM
I changed to Vodafone. 20gigs for $50. Also have land line with them. Excellent service.

yes, but isn't that now compulsery with them? - to have a landline too, you dont get the option of having a BB alone anymore.