PDA

View Full Version : loosing stuff

Thomas01
07-08-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm a very keen ex motorcyclist. Yesterday I went on the internet and looked at Zenith, Cotton, Velocette motorcycles.
I thought I had got myself a good collection of photographs which I used to find under Temporary Internet Files - Content.ie5 - various folders with weird titles.

I always thought these were what are called cookies.
But I find now that none of the photos I looked at exist. I am using Mozilla Firefox - and am not very experienced with it. I have tried changing the options but cannot get my computer to save these images so that I can browse through them at my leisure.
What am I doing wrong?
Tom

Morgenmuffel
07-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Temporary internet files is for Internet Explorer
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer by a website that gives them various info (eg when you last visited etc)

With Firefox your best bet is to right click on the image and select "save as" which will save it to you computer.

zqwerty
07-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Try this:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mozilla_cache_viewer.html

The Error Guy
07-08-2008, 02:08 PM
so save an image or file in mozillia right click the item or link and click "save image or file as"

gary67
07-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Yep right click the image and save as then point it to one of your folders

Cicero
07-08-2008, 07:08 PM
If you are a keen EX motor cyclist,then presumably you won't want any pics?

Thomas01
08-08-2008, 10:52 AM
If you are a keen EX motor cyclist,then presumably you won't want any pics?

AAH! Now thats a point. The truth is I am no longer fit enough to ride but despite my advancing years still hanker after motor cycles. I have even reached the state where I admire Harley Davidsons. And I'm British!

So I am definitely an ex, but only as far as riding them.

And thank you everybody who told me how to save the pictures. No problem now.
I mentioned Cotton - does anybody else besides me
remember getting some Cotton catalogs about 1948 which featured some of their prewar stock, girder forks and all which apparently had never been delivered because of the war.
The prices were very low - wish I had bought one.
Tom