PDA

View Full Version : PC advice

Ninjabear
06-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Hi

I am planning to buy a PC for both study and gaming.

I would like a desktop but not a big tower size desktop.Probably a medium size.

I'm trying to find websites that custom build PC's for you.

They may have a list of parts and you would click on the parts you want and they'll build it for you

I dont like buying branded PCs.

Can anyone help?I wanna buy a good dual core PC thats less than $900NZ

jwil1
06-08-2008, 06:16 PM
From Ascent (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/ascentconfig.jpg)

Good quality parts.

$899 :p

But doesn't include software and Ascent no longer builds PCs for you.

stormdragon
06-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Is the $900 supposed to include a monitor or OS?

Ninjabear
06-08-2008, 06:18 PM
From Ascent (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/ascentconfig.jpg)

Good quality parts.

$899 :p

But doesn't include software and Ascent no longer builds PCs for you.

Thanks but I dont know how to build a PC myself so need one that can do both

jwil1
06-08-2008, 06:25 PM
It is actually quite easy - I built my first one (see my sig) in less than 2 hours - and I had never put an entire machine together before - only serviced existing ones.

But it my be better for you to find someone who does know how to build them and just watch them build it for you. You'll be amazed at how much you learn if they are happy to help you and explain things to you as you go along.

stormdragon
06-08-2008, 06:27 PM
PlayTech (www.playtech.co.nz) can custom build a system for you and currently have free shipping. Have personally found them really easy to deal with and negotiate to get the best band for buck.

gary67
06-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Several techs on here can do it for you too, there is one prominent one near Wellington you could try (tried not giving out the name but what's the point he didn't pay me too so I can), try Wainuitech

Ninjabear
06-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Is the $900 supposed to include a monitor or OS?

No,Just the PC itself

I have monitor,keyboard,mouse,modem,printer etc

Ninjabear
06-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Several techs on here can do it for you too, there is one prominent one near Wellington you could try (tried not giving out the name but what's the point he didn't pay me too so I can), try Wainuitech

problem is I can't drive so I hope a shop or someone near here in palmerston can do it

A shop here in palmerston north might do it with a high price

Ninjabear
06-08-2008, 07:53 PM
PlayTech (www.playtech.co.nz) can custom build a system for you and currently have free shipping. Have personally found them really easy to deal with and negotiate to get the best band for buck.

thats a lovely site there.will check it out