PDA

View Full Version : Outlook email - Exchange 2007

chiefnz
06-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Ok this is a tricky one... I think!!!

Ok I have PA who wants to send an email which is from the CEO's email account but she doesn't want to do it "On behalf of" she wants the email to come from the CEO's email address.

Currently the way we do this is to setup 2 profiles within MS Outlook... when the user oens Outlook they are prompted to select the appropriate profile to use. Now the PA doesn't want to do this... she merely wants to open her Outlook as usual and then send an email from here client using the CEO's email address... not on behalf of the CEO!!! She has told me that she had this setup in her previous job....

Can anyone give me direction on how to go about this?

Thanks in advance

Safari
06-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Just set up another email account in Outlook exactly the same as the one already there except change the email address to that of the CEO

When she wants to send an email just select which account she wants to send from.

chiefnz
06-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Can't do that as Outlook only allows 1 Exchange mailbox per client!!! So I cannot add the CEO's email address to here Outlook in this fashion.

Speedy Gonzales
06-08-2008, 02:17 PM
What about some of the info here ? (http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/05/01/426936.aspx)

"Send As" permission is a permission granted to a user or group on a specific user account. If I wanted to give UserA the ability to "Send As" UserB, an administrator would have to go to UserB's user object and add an ACE for UserA that grants the "Send As" permission.

I cannot go to UserA's account and give UserA "Send As" permission for UserB.

Therefore, if you don't want someone to "Send As" the CEO, then don't give that user account the "Send As" permission on the CEO's mailbox/account.

chiefnz
07-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Ok, found the solution...

From the Exchange Server (using Exchange 2007) you can set an option called "Manage Send As Permissions" click on this and then select the user you want to give this permission to. Once set the delegated user can type in the name of the person they want to send the email as in the "FROM" box and the email will be sent as the selected person.

Cheers, and thanks