PDA

View Full Version : Kerio Personal Firewall

Amicus 400
04-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Greetings,

I have noticed that my Sunbelt Kerio Firewall SOMETIMES does NOT load at startup.

I have checked and it is present in the c:\documents and Settings\All users \start menus\programmes.

Can anyone tell me what processes I should see in task manager if it is running. If MANUALLY load the app, I see three which look to be linked, trhey are :-

kpf4gui.exe (appears 2x once with my user name and once with username system.
kpf4ss.exe

I get NO warining from windows that my system is at risk

All help appreciated

AvonBill
04-08-2008, 05:10 PM
I used to have this exact same problem and never got to the bottom of it. Google and various forums didn't seem to have an answer at the time. I was using the free version and so I couldn't ask Sunbelt for support. I went to Comodo instead. Good luck.

lakewoodlady
04-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Comodo rocks!

Amicus 400
06-08-2008, 08:43 AM
Happy to report that Kerio's customer support seems to have improved. They diagnosed the problem as being that the version I had installed was an older (cranky) version. An update does the business.

Problem: Older version does not update. Not automatically, not manually. So I had to download and install over the top of the current version

On the downside Kerio appear to have known about this problem but have not told paying subscribers which I think is NOT ON.