PDA

View Full Version : vista lost glass transparency effect

Zheng
03-08-2008, 08:38 PM
hi guys
my vista's taskbar and right click option lost its glass transparency effect....other program seems to have the effect but not the taskbar and right click option....
please give me some advice as i spent like an hour try to sort this out...
many thanks

Zheng
03-08-2008, 09:36 PM
anyone?

somebody
03-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Umm... what do you mean when you refer to the glass effect on the "right click option"? I can't recall a time on my Vista machine when a right click menu had a transparency effect.

Can you post a screenshot to ImageF1 so we can have a look?

joshjnz
03-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Right click on the desktop -> Personlize -> Window Color and Apperance -> Click Enable transparency

Zheng
04-08-2008, 12:42 AM
Right click on the desktop -> Personlize -> Window Color and Apperance -> Click Enable transparency

i had that click but my taskbar still have no glass transparency effect...

Zheng
04-08-2008, 12:43 AM
Umm... what do you mean when you refer to the glass effect on the "right click option"? I can't recall a time on my Vista machine when a right click menu had a transparency effect.

Can you post a screenshot to ImageF1 so we can have a look?

hi
for right click options i mean right click menu..
so you saying that your taskbar and right click menu hav no glass transparency effect as well????

somebody
04-08-2008, 08:22 AM
hi
for right click options i mean right click menu..
so you saying that your taskbar and right click menu hav no glass transparency effect as well????

Correct. They never have had transparency.

jwil1
04-08-2008, 09:24 AM
The taskbar does, but only if an open window is not maximised.

wainuitech
04-08-2008, 10:11 AM
How Transparent do you want to go - It can be done.

Download Transparent Taskbar (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhancements/Shell-Replacements/Transparent-TaskBar.shtml) - install it, you will get a slider to adjust the transparency, once set to where you want you right click the slider and close it, then the task bar will remain at the setting you selected.
To adjust you open the program from all programs and change. The Before and After screen shot (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Before_and_after1217799006.jpg) shown here is set to full as normal and 3/4 transparent, any lighter and it disappears almost completely.