PDA

View Full Version : Xvidcore.dll missing

Xam
30-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Everytime I open my computer a small box comes up telling me it can't find Xvidcore.dll. I've been trying out several audio programmes most of which were hopeless but in deleting them I suspect I also deleted this file. Internet suggestions were not particularly helpful and I would be grateful for a bit of Kiwi advice on how to restore it.

Speedy Gonzales
30-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Did you uninstall whatever programs first? Not just delete its / their folders?

Get this (www.ccleaner.com)

Install it, (untick the toolbar option), then run it. Then go to tools / startup

Look for an entry for Xvid, or whatever that file belongs to. Highlight it then click on delete. Then reboot

Do you want that message to go away, or do you want to reinstall the program that installed it?

Xam
30-07-2008, 05:48 PM
I definitely uninstalled the audio programmes I didn't like and was unable to find the Xvidcore.dll on the computer and some audio programmes won't work because they can't find the file. My wish therefore is to reinstall the file where it belongs. Thank you very much indeed for your suggestions. I'll try them and see how I get on.

kolb
30-07-2008, 09:55 PM
http://tinyurl.com/3xoggh d/l the Xvidcore.dll from here copy & paste it in your C:\windows\system directory or unzip to C:\Windows\system ....

bevy121
31-07-2008, 12:10 AM
It's part of XviD codecs

Go to control panel -> add remove and uninstall XviD there.

Then re-install latest XviD codecs (http://download.divxmovies.com/XviD-1.1.3-28062007.exe) and should be all fixed

@Kolb

I think the file should be in system32.... not system

kolb
31-07-2008, 07:21 AM
you are correct thats where i normally place them, But going by their read me txt it says system...cheers

bevy121
31-07-2008, 12:45 PM
you are correct thats where i normally place them, But going by their read me txt it says system...cheers

Yes - if they are still running 98/ME

Anything else is as I said, system32

read their "read me" again carefully...

Q: How do I install the dll-file?
A: We recommend you to read the tutorial: Using ExpressZip when installing dll-files. Followed is a quick help.
You need an unzip software in order to extract the dll-file from the zip-file you've downloaded. We recommend our users to use ExpressZIP.
Then use ExpressZIP to select the dll-file and extract it to your system directory. By default, this is C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me), C:\WINNT\System32 (Windows NT/2000), or C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP).

Xam
14-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Thank you all for your help.I tried all suggestions but the message kept and keeps occurring. However by the time I had finished all audio programmes ran happily inspite of the message!! So, again my thanks.