PDA

View Full Version : Zimbra sending mail on behalf of...

somebody
27-07-2008, 10:04 PM
I installed my own Zimbra server some time ago so I could keep tabs on all of my various email accounts from anywhere (i.e. home, work, out and about). It does a fantastic job of giving me a nice Ajax-based centre to manage all of my email accounts (numerous domains, plus Gmail), calendar and contacts.

My problem is this:
I have set up the server to handle mail for mydomainA.com, with a primary account of somebody@mydomainA.com. This domain name isn't used, and I don't send/receive emails from it. What I have done, is added in additional "Personas" or "External Accounts" - i.e. POP3 to Gmail and other domains.

99% of the time, everything works fine. When I send an email, or reply to an email, I can choose what email address it appears to come from - whether it be from a custom domain, or from Gmail, or whatever, and when it sends, it appears to come directly from that address. Occasionally, it'll send as somebody@mydomainA.com "On Behalf Of" somebody@gmail.com for example, rather than appearing to come directly from somebody@gmail.com

Again, most of the time it works fine - if I choose the "sending" address as somebody@gmail.com, the email headers will only show it coming from somebody@gmail.com. However, occasionally it doesn't - and there doesn't seem to be any particular pattern to it. I've hit reply to the same email twice within a few hours, and the first one sent "properly", and the second had the "on behalf of" flag in the header.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be, and how I could fix it? While it isn't a major problem it isn't very professional to have emails which are supposed to come from a particular domain showing up as "on behalf of...".

PS: Email addresses and domains above are not my real domains/addresses.

somebody
02-08-2008, 10:11 AM
bump

Speedy Gonzales
02-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Probably be better, if you post in the forum (http://www.zimbra.com/forums/)

I would say noone knows what is it, or uses it, which is why noone has replied