PDA

View Full Version : Request For Printer Driver, Super 5 EP-1500

13-05-2001, 10:08 PM
Appreciate if anyone can assist me with a printer driver copy suit, Dot Matrix, Brand Super 5, Model EP-1500.
Many thanks

14-05-2001, 11:21 AM
I had a look at windrivers for you, and there is no reference to the brand 'Super 5' at all. I thought that the model EP-1500 sounded like an Epson, but that too doesn't exist. Are you sure about the brand?
Can you find the FCC # somewhere on the back?

Do you even need the actual driver? If you just want to use it for plain text, try any of the generic text drivers that come with windows. That should work fine.

elana
17-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Appreciate if anyone can assist me with a printer driver copy suit, Dot Matrix, Brand Super 5, Model EP-1500.
Many thanks

Graham L
17-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Welcome to Press1, elana.

That's really a veteran printer. I doubt very strongly that there would be a driver for modern Windows OSs.

But, as suggested to the previous questioner, the generic text driver should work well enough. That will print "text".

Otherwise, almost all of the matrix printers of that generation had an "Epson" or "IBM" emulation mode, even if they didn't just "be" Epson or IBM printers. You could try any of the old Epson drivers ...

It probably has a 7 pin printhead, so you can't expect great graphics from it. ;)

Ghostscript, which is a free implementation of PostScript, will have a way of printing to it, and that does produce remarkably good results. But it would take quite an effort to use it.

GrahamT
17-07-2006, 06:24 PM
The Super 5 EP1500 was (is) a clone of the panasonic KXP 1091 - a nine pin printer. (and uses the same ribbons ie the 9 pin version not the 24 pin one)
It was also able (via dip switch change) to work in IBM mode.
The Panasonic 1091 driver should do the trick but bear in mind that graphics will be very slow (and generally 2 pass)
For max speed set the slide switch to draft for best quality set it to NLQ
From memory all dip switched (down in the base under the ribbon carriage) should be off

If you haven't a Pan 1091 driver (the latest OS's dont) you can try the Panasonic KXP 1081 should achieve the same results