PDA

View Full Version : How to click on a link in IE with SHIFT, and get a fullscreen new window?

ssssss
26-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Is it possible to fix Internet Explorer so that this operation always gives a full screen window in the new window? At the moment it always opens small size for some reason.
I have windows vista.

wainuitech
26-07-2008, 11:31 PM
I think you want whats called kiosk Mode - This page here (http://samanathon.com/internet-explorer-7s-kiosk-mode/)

just tried it works great :thumbs:

I use IE7 Pro --Normal (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Normal.jpg) and Kiosk Mode (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Kiosk.jpg)

wainuitech
26-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Update to above, that is FULL screen,( which is what you asked) not maximized screen - there is a difference.

To close the Full screen window you need to press ALT + F4 - as there are no controls.

ssssss
27-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Thanks wainuitech,

I am sorry what I meant to say was Maximised, not full screen.
Is there an easy way of setting IE to do that?

jwil1
27-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Best thing is to drag the window to be as big as it possibly can, without maximising.

zqwerty
27-07-2008, 06:27 PM
When the second window opens to the wrong size, click the square icon in the upper right hand corner to maximize the window, hold Ctrl and close the window using the X at the top, shut down IE, next time you start the second window should open maximized.

gary67
27-07-2008, 07:01 PM
When the second window opens to the wrong size, click the square icon in the upper right hand corner to maximize the window, hold Ctrl and close the window using the X at the top, shut down IE, next time you start the second window should open maximized.

Now I know how to open my outlook maximised too thanks for the tip been buggin me

ssssss
27-07-2008, 07:17 PM

hi zqwerty,

Thanks for your reply.

I feel stupid as this doesn't work for me and I feel it should as you gave me good instructions. On restarting IE and clicking a link with SHIFT I still get a minimized window!

I also tried the following:-
On the minimized window I held ctrl and clicked on the maximize button.
This gives what I would call Full Screen, and it remains on closing and restarting IE. The top bar comes into view when moving the mouse to the top of the screen. However the Start bar at the bottom of the screen doesn't come into view at all and I really wanted to see it!

Cicero
27-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Did you try doing as JW suggested.?
It works for me.

ssssss
27-07-2008, 08:01 PM
hi zqwerty,

Thanks for your reply.

I feel stupid as this doesn't work for me and I feel it should as you gave me good instructions. On restarting IE and clicking a link with SHIFT I still get a minimized window!

I also tried the following:-
On the minimized window I held ctrl and clicked on the maximize button.
This gives what I would call Full Screen, and it remains on closing and restarting IE. The top bar comes into view when moving the mouse to the top of the screen. However the Start bar at the bottom of the screen doesn't come into view at all and I really wanted to see it!

Thanks folks,

I have got there now!

On my Full Screen which I described above, I clicked F11, and now on closing and restarting IE, I get a maximised window