PDA

View Full Version : HDD to DVD

bk T
25-07-2008, 03:56 PM
I asked a friend of mine to record some TV program onto his HDD recorder. Now, how can we convert the recordings to a DVD? Does it require special software?

Speedy Gonzales
25-07-2008, 03:59 PM
No just as long as whatever program can load the format, it should be able to convert it to dvd format. If youre burning it to DVD.

ie: Nerovision / Nero, CDburnerXP (which is free), if you dont want fancy menus

bk T
25-07-2008, 04:15 PM
No just as long as whatever program can load the format, it should be able to convert it to dvd format. If youre burning it to DVD.

ie: Nerovision / Nero, CDburnerXP (which is free), if you dont want fancy menus

Am I right to say that Nero should be able to do the job (burning to DVD)?

Speedy Gonzales
25-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Depends if the format is one it can load / and edit if you want to edit it

Nerovision would probably be better in this case

But Nero or Nerovision will burn to DVD (the latter, if you want menus) etc

Trev
25-07-2008, 07:50 PM
I asked a friend of mine to record some TV program onto his HDD recorder. Now, how can we convert the recordings to a DVD? Does it require special software?
Are you talking about a HDD/DVD recorder that is connected to a TV. You don't need any software. On my Sony HDD/DVD recorder, you just hit the DUB button on the remote and a window pops up on the TV with differant options. You select what options you want and select ok and it DUBs from the HD to the DVD.
:)

bk T
25-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Are you talking about a HDD/DVD recorder that is connected to a TV. You don't need any software. On my Sony HDD/DVD recorder, you just hit the DUB button on the remote and a window pops up on the TV with differant options. You select what options you want and select ok and it DUBs from the HD to the DVD.
:)

You are right. But I don't know the brand and model of the recorder.

Jen
25-07-2008, 10:08 PM
You are right. But I don't know the brand and model of the recorder.Surely the owners manual will have that information in it? Are you trying to assist them remotely?

bk T
26-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Surely the owners manual will have that information in it? Are you trying to assist them remotely?

You're right. He's in Singapore.