PDA

View Full Version : PC not restarting completely

GeneralKanos
25-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Hey guys, long time no see.

Been happening for a lil while now but not often enough that I was super worried about it: Sometimes when I restart my PC, usually after an install of windows update or something, the PC shuts down and just before it beeps and turns back on again... well it doesn't. It just sits there with an off screen.
No keys work. It almost like its on standby or something.
I have noticed too that the HDD light stays on constantly while its just sitting there.
Most times I have to hold down the power button to force a shut down then re boot it cus sometimes if I push the restart button nothing happens.

Ill check eventviewer to see if it has anything (not at home at the mo).

I dont know if it's related but I occasionally get BSOD (different ones each time) the most recent one being "PAGE_ERROR_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" or something but that may just be cus its Vista ;)

Any help appreciated

GK

pctek
25-07-2008, 03:45 PM
It matters what other ones you get.
Tell us all of them.
As for the last one:

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Start troubleshooting hardware - like RAM.