PDA

View Full Version : Bt878/Fusion 878A Video Capture drivers

williamF
24-07-2008, 06:52 PM
I have a Bt878/Fusion 878A Video Capture based TV/video capture card it has got drivers installed but the TV program supplied with the downloaded drivers shows a blue raster in the window and no audio. i take it the drivers are possibly incorrect but cannot find any obvious sites that would have the driver for the card. the lifeview card does work ok so will revert back to that card if i cant get the Fusion 878A working
OS is windows 2k, 256 ram, celeron 1.1Ghz

Speedy Gonzales
24-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Is it Amcap?? If it is change the device

And unless the cam or whatever youre using uses audio, you wont get/have audio

If its not Amcap, whats the name of the program?

Are you using a cam? Or something else?

Chilling_Silence
24-07-2008, 09:00 PM
I had to run a 3.5mm Male -> 3.5mm Male jack from the Audio Out of the Tuner to the Audio Input on my soundcard when I had one...

CYaBro
24-07-2008, 11:52 PM
http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/
Never used them before but you could give it a go.

williamF
24-07-2008, 11:53 PM
i could get crappy video using composite and i assume S-video but the video wasnt all too great and still no audio (with the audio loopback cable to the soundcard from the TV card)
I used a VCR as a source with prerecorded tape and on air stuff so it does have sound going into it, plus i tried the antenna input on the card but only a blue raster image and no sound. also this card has an FM tuner as well which the software doesnt pick up. the older card works fine so there is nothing wrong, much, with the setup its just this other card

Chilling_Silence
25-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Check the recording levels in your soundcard. Money says you've been looking at the playback.

Double-click on the speaker icon down in your systray
Click Options --> Properties
Click the Recording radio button, and then tick all the boxes down the bottom of that window, then click OK

The window will then update with the input sources, you may need to change it so it uses one of the other capture devices, even with the audio cable :)

Speedy Gonzales
25-07-2008, 10:20 AM
You could probably use something like this (http://www.leadtek.com/usa/support/download.asp?license=y&downlineid=63&downline=WinFast%20TV2000%20XP%20Deluxe)

I think the deluxe has a fusion 878A / BT878 chipset

Thats if youre not using this at the mo

Its what I'm using at the mo.

If this is what youre using you have to go into the config, and make sure the tuner appears in the 2nd screen (2nd icon on the left in the configuration).

Another thing (if you have this tuner), is the eeprom can get corrupted on it.

So, I found out a few yrs ago. Even tho the drivers may be installed, the tuner wont work (and may not get detected) by any program.

williamF
25-07-2008, 11:34 AM
i've tried the drivers CYaBro suggested, they installed but still nothing, im guessing the E²PROM has bitten it, as it doesnt lock into a station when tuning

EDIT: the software detects the card but not the stations

Speedy Gonzales
25-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Have you got the leadtek deluxe tuner??

If you have, I can give you a fix to check if the eeprom is screwed. And it fixes it. But it needs to run in DOS. I used it and it fixed this tuner. When the Eeprom became corrupt.

williamF
25-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Have you got the leadtek deluxe tuner??

If you have, I can give you a fix to check if the eeprom is screwed. And it fixes it. But it needs to run in DOS. I used it and it fixed this tuner. When the Eeprom became corrupt.

not too sure but its got a Pixelveiw label on the tuner sheild cover and uses the fusion 878A chip i believe, if the utility works on the similar chipset it might work on mine