PDA

View Full Version : Boot Priority.

bellbird
24-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Revisiting a prob I asked about a while ago. After installing my new printer the op system won't start if the printer is already on. Speedy's previous advice was to make sure the hdd is first boot device. Today I managed to find my way into the Boot Device Priority Screen. (Bios is American Megatrends 3.21)

1st boot device: Floppy Group. 2nd CD-ROM group. 3rd Hard Drive group.
4th Network Boot Group.

The "corresponding type menu" has 1st and 4th disabled.
Options: select Screen, Select Item, Change Option. Load Setup. Save & Exit.
I want to chk I don't mess up anything, so please advise next step, thanks

Speedy Gonzales
24-07-2008, 04:50 PM
It'll be the 3rd group hard drive group, if you want to boot from a hdd

Ah, the printer sounds like its got slots on it?

SolMiester
24-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Revisiting a prob I asked about a while ago. After installing my new printer the op system won't start if the printer is already on. Speedy's previous advice was to make sure the hdd is first boot device. Today I managed to find my way into the Boot Device Priority Screen. (Bios is American Megatrends 3.21)

1st boot device: Floppy Group. 2nd CD-ROM group. 3rd Hard Drive group.
4th Network Boot Group.

The "corresponding type menu" has 1st and 4th disabled.
Options: select Screen, Select Item, Change Option. Load Setup. Save & Exit.
I want to chk I don't mess up anything, so please advise next step, thanks

Any flash stick etc on the printer are included in this group!!, I have an olympus dictaphone with memory card does the same thing on some of the workstations here....

Not sure on your BIOS, however move cursur via arrows to 3rd group and use + or - signs to move the group to the top. Make sure you use the save option before exiting....

bellbird
24-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Yes it has memory card slots.
Sorry, I still don't know what I'm supposed to do - how to use the options. Am I trying to change the list so that the 1st boot device becomes Hard Drive group.

thanks SolMiester - I remember the + or - signs so will go and try to sort it out.

gary67
24-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Yes thats what you want first boot HDD
second boot CD etc. On my machine I have to navigate the bios with the arrow keys on my keyboard