PDA

View Full Version : Foxconn board with IRQL bsod

madz
23-07-2008, 08:43 AM
I got this foxconn board that is brand new. Model: 975x7ab. I went through the process of installing windows xp. after the reboot when it goes into the setup mode to finish installation it blue screens right after the installing drivers portion.

I get the IRQL Not less or equal error with codes 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000008, 0x00000000) I have not found much of information on the internet about it yet. I used 3 different sticks of DDR2 memory all new from individual packaging and I tried them on the different slots as well. Im at wits end. Anyone have an Idea?

wainuitech
23-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Welcome to PF1 Madz

the first code is the one that is of most help, BSOD is caused usually by a hardware fault or drivers.

Possible cause:

Stop 0x000000D1 or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The Stop 0xD1 messages indicates that the system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. Drivers that have used improper addresses typically cause this error.

Possible Resolutions:

• Stop 0xD1 messages can occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If a driver is listed by name, disable, remove, or roll back that driver to confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.

You need to start the PC in safe mode, by pressing F8 on start up, then select safe mode - it should run OK, if it does, remove the drivers installed, and get the latest from the vendors site. Eg Motherboard/ Graphics, Audio etc.

madz
23-07-2008, 09:29 AM
I havnt fully installed windows yet. I formatted the hard disk and it installed the system files then rebooted. then in the next portion of the setup it bluescreens right after in installs the oem drivers off of the windows disc. I just want to be sure its a probably a driver before streamlining a IRQL driver into a cd.

wainuitech
23-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Update to above ; Driver download page (http://www.foxconnchannel.com/support/downloads.aspx)

Edited: you shouldn't need to slipstream drivers in the XP CD.

Is the XP CD you are using a legit original XP CD ?

madz
23-07-2008, 09:49 AM
yes its a freshley opened OEM package SP2.. I have not actually gotten to the point of being "IN" windows it bluescreens during the setup. right after it installs the windows generic drivers.

wainuitech
23-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Are you using more than 1 stick of memory at a time, if so remove them and try it with only 1 stick installed, if it works, put the other back in after.

madz
23-07-2008, 10:16 AM
nope been only using 1 stick at a time. used 2 different 1 GB sticks of different brands and a 512MB stick. all brand new from unopened packaging.

madz
24-07-2008, 08:19 AM
you think i need to slipstream IRQL drivers onto a disc and try that? I dont understand why they would make a motherboard that needs a custom disc if that is the case.

Speedy Gonzales
24-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Whats the speed of the DDR2 ram youre using?

533 or 667. It looks like this mobo uses 800 but only when you overclock

Agent_24
24-07-2008, 03:59 PM
you think i need to slipstream IRQL drivers onto a disc and try that? I dont understand why they would make a motherboard that needs a custom disc if that is the case.

IRQL is not a device and does not need drivers. IRQL stands for "interrupt request level" more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interrupt

Slipstreaming SP3 might help, but I would make sure you have the latest BIOS for your board first, and if that doesn't fix it (or you already have it) try disabling onboard devices like Audio, LAN, USB etc and then try installing windows. Then if it installs fine, re-enable the devices one-by-one and install their drivers in windows