PDA

View Full Version : Adaware and Spybot

Laraine Chezick
22-07-2008, 08:54 PM
I run both of these programmes along with avg. When I updated adaware to the 2008 version a week or so back Spy Bot detected it and said it could cause compatibility problems - I told it to ignore it and just ran the scan - what complications would I be looking for if there was a problem?? Does anyone else have both adaware and spybot in their computers?? Would appreciate advice - not sure if I should delete Adaware?? thank you Laraine:help:

Speedy Gonzales
22-07-2008, 09:06 PM
I would go here (http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/)

Or / and here (http://forums.spybot.info/)

The forums for both of them, and have a look through them. Or post a ? on both

Laraine Chezick
22-07-2008, 09:12 PM
thanks for the info - will see what I can find out then - Laraine

Speedy Gonzales
22-07-2008, 09:30 PM
No probs

wainuitech
22-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Actually did have this problem, it was a few weeks ago, the result was after a scan one of them stopped working, cant remember which one stopped working as the other detected something and disabled it.

Don't ask me which way around it was - dont recall, But I think ( not 100% sure) it was adaware killed spybot as I use spybot quite a bit on customers PC's with no conflicts and rarely use Adaware, there are better free antispyware programs available, some are in my sig and all play nice together.

sarel
23-07-2008, 07:10 AM
Spyware terminator and Malware bytes good? I've changed from Adaware to SuperAntiSpyware and it's brilliant.

sarel

wainuitech
23-07-2008, 08:01 AM
I'm now putting Spyware Terminator (in my sig) on customers PC's. (thanks to Pctek for the knowledge of the programs existence)

You can set it to do auto scans and updates at the time you want, some of the time people do scans for a few times manually after a Antispyware is installed, then forget to do it, or were meant to do it, and something came up and they forget.

Setting it to do the auto scans means it will do them automatically as long as the PC is on.

pctek
23-07-2008, 09:15 AM
You can set it to do auto scans and updates at the time you want, some of the time people do scans for a few times manually after a Antispyware is installed, then forget to do it, or were meant to do it, and something came up and they forget.

You can schedule Spybot too.