PDA

View Full Version : How long do infractions last?

Myth
19-07-2008, 08:44 AM
How long are infractions kept on the list in your User CP?

Just wondering, as I just changed something and noticed an infraction posted by Biggles :P

I also note I have no infractions for this year :illogical
Maybe I should step up some more.... busy next week Jan? :p

plod
19-07-2008, 09:13 AM
its actually quite hard to get infractions. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong

bob_doe_nz
19-07-2008, 09:46 AM
its actually quite hard to get infractions. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong

It's not hard. Make really lewd, crude comments at someone.
Or just advertise subtly a particular product. :groan: :spam

With luck, you might get an infraction or a ban.

kenj
19-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Or just advertise subtly a particular product. :groan: :spam

Do you mean like Vitalstatistix does?

Ken

Renmoo
19-07-2008, 09:54 AM
Infarction is a more serious problem than infraction :)

gary67
19-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Yeah how does he get away with it?

Jen
19-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Your record of past infractions appear to stay until the end of time. I can't see any existing setting that allows you to have a clean slate (record wiped) after a period of time.

In case any infracted member wonders, only you, the Mods and Admin can see your list of infractions and the symbol that appears by your post that warranted said infraction.

And those law abiding members :thumbs: who don't have a clue what an infractions is, it is an option we have when a member breaks a rule. This could be insulting someone, breaking one of the other forum rules, using the signature area inappropriately or advertising. Each infraction is worth so many points and if you manage to acquire 10 points within a 5 day period then the account is automatically closed. There is also the option of giving a "warning" only infraction that has no points associated with it. It is up to the Mods discretion what is used.

If you have a complete melt down or a series of toy chucking, then we may just bypass the infractions and send you directly to Coventry to cool down for a period.

/edit: what a depressing post. :p

pine-o-cleen
20-07-2008, 04:05 PM
You should post a table of who has the most infractions etc, like a leaderboard :D :p

Metla
20-07-2008, 04:36 PM
If I were to guess,I'm Pretty sure it was Greg, Now it would be roddy_boy

pine-o-cleen
20-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Yeah but wouldn't having an actual leader-board be far more fun?

Jen
20-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Yeah but wouldn't having an actual leader-board be far more fun?Ah, they are not meant to be desirable things to obtain. :rolleyes:

If I were to guess,I'm Pretty sure it was Greg, Now it would be roddy_boyGood attempt at diversion, but sorry mate, you still hold first position.

Myth
20-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Ah, they are not meant to be desirable things to obtain. :rolleyes:

Good attempt at diversion, but sorry mate, you still hold first position.
Is he ahead by far?

I suppose if I lifted my abuse rate to one a week I might catch Metla by this time next year (assuming he didnt get anymore :p)

plod
20-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Ah, they are not meant to be desirable things to obtain. :rolleyes:

Good attempt at diversion, but sorry mate, you still hold first position.

Just out of curiosity, if I didn't self edit that post a couple of days ago, would that have been an infraction or a banning

beeswax34
20-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Just out of curiosity, if I didn't self edit that post a couple of days ago, would that have been an infraction or a banning

Going by some of the things I've been caught for saying regarding Macs and VSX and WMG, you'd get an infraction.