PDA

View Full Version : Using Frontpage to create a Members Login

John W
18-07-2008, 09:02 PM
Hi there

Ive been asked to create a Members Login on a new Website Im going to create.

Im aware I need to have a Web provider that supports Subwebs, Im assuming webbase does, have sent a query to ask them.

Anyway, Ive a few questions to ask to those who have been down that road ahead of me.

Once you create a Subweb, how do you link in from say the websites index page?

Within the Subweb, do you create your usual html webpages and deposit them there, like drilling down a folder list?

And, the inevitable Username and passwords, how are these handled, like will I be able to see an individuals Uname & Pword, reset them, or is there a service available that returns requests for forgotten passwords?

Thanks

John in Mosgiel.

stu161204
18-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Subwebs :confused: what???

Can you explan more about this "Subwebs"???

:confused:

Now about the Members Login, one thing you could do is have a look around at places like Hotscripts - http://www.hotscripts.com/ and see if you can find a login script that can support individual usernames & passwords.

I think that maybe your best bet (Unless you know a developer who could code you a login script for individual users)

I Hope this is of some help :)

PS: I will reply to your e-mail in the next day or so (I just have been slightly busy with family)

Poppa John
18-07-2008, 09:49 PM
STU...No worries. You have nicer things on your mind at the moment, Yes? PJ

stu161204
19-07-2008, 12:04 AM
I will also reply to your PM/e-mail PJ in the next day or so as I said to John, I am slightly busy with family...

Sorry for any inconvenience

mzee
20-07-2008, 07:56 PM
There is a small program called "Web Gate" which generates a script that encrypts the files in a folder, then decrypts it with a password. Does not need any special server, permissions etc. I have used it a lot. PM me and I will send it to you.