PDA

View Full Version : Do I have a problem ?

DUNK
13-07-2008, 01:56 PM
This relates to my posting about some mysterious Chinese characters appearing in an email, sent by myself. I did not put em there. Does anyone here know what they mean ??
瀼敲举楶畲⁳潦湵⁤湩琠楨⁳湩潣業杮洠獥慳敧മ䌊敨正摥戠⁹噁⁇*瑨灴⼺眯睷愮杶挮浯ഠ嘊牥楳湯⸸⸰㌱ ‸ 楖畲⁳慄慴慢敳㜲⸰⸴⼷㔱㘴ⴠ删汥慥敳䐠瑡㩥㜠ㄯ⼱〲㠰㘠㐺‷䵁਍⼼牰㹥
An answer would be good! :help:
Thank you all.
Regards.
Dunk.

gary67
13-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Thats not chinese its numbers in small charts

Renmoo
13-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Thats not chinese its numbers in small charts
Those are Chinese Characters, all right. They appear in a random sequence which do not confer a particular meaning.

To who was the e-mail directed to, DUNK? Sometimes spammers can "hijack" your e-mail address (not account) for purposes that may be malicious.

Cheers :)

DUNK
13-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Those are Chinese Characters, all right. They appear in a random sequence which do not confer a particular meaning.

To who was the e-mail directed to, DUNK? Sometimes spammers can "hijack" your e-mail address (not account) for purposes that may be malicious.

Hi Jamuz,
It was from me to a friend. I was just replying to something that she sent to me. In the process of all this some more of this stuff has appeared. I'll list it below. This is now very annoying! The last bit was in blue & is an address to a MSN website, advertising something called a "Minigame" I think it's time for an email address change !!
Thanks for your interest.
Regards.
Dunk.

MSN上小游戏,工作休闲两不误! 马上就开始玩!

gary67
14-07-2008, 07:36 AM
Go to gmail, much better client for email and with so many extras

Thebananamonkey
14-07-2008, 10:36 AM
That's Japanese, not Chinese... I think.

I don't know what it means though.

jwil1
14-07-2008, 10:40 AM
According to Google translator, the text in Post #4 says

"On the game, the leisure correct! Immediately start playing"

lol

Morgenmuffel
14-07-2008, 11:18 AM
What is your locale set to on your MSN address, as it sounds more like the type of advertising bumpf that some free email servicesput at the end of all the emails that go through them

bk T
14-07-2008, 04:46 PM
瀼敲举楶畲⁳潦湵⁤湩琠楨⁳湩潣業杮洠獥慳敧മ䌊敨正摥戠⁹噁⁇*瑨灴⼺眯睷愮杶挮浯ഠ嘊牥楳湯⸸⸰㌱ ‸ 楖畲⁳慄慴慢敳㜲⸰⸴⼷㔱㘴ⴠ删汥慥敳䐠瑡㩥㜠ㄯ⼱〲㠰㘠㐺‷䵁਍⼼牰㹥
Dunk.

Those are neither Chinese nor Japanese!

kjaada
14-07-2008, 05:18 PM
I had very similar characters in a reply to a post I put on this forum some time ago and it had a web address to click on.The address led to a site pushing copper bathroom fittings.

Renmoo
15-07-2008, 08:07 PM
MSN上小游戏,工作休闲两不误! 马上就开始玩!
The above are Chinese characters as well, which have a meaning in this case:
"Having understood the difference between work and leisure, head onto MSN for some games! Start playing them immediately!"

The characters in the first post, I can confirm, are not Japanese Kanji characters.

Anyway DUNK, I wouldn't worry too much about this e-mail. I have a feeling a slight mismanagement of the e-mails by Hotmail resulted in cross-traffic.

DUNK
16-07-2008, 01:45 AM
Thanks everybody ... I run a 'gmail' account through OE
I guess I'll use that one as my default, for a while ... Just in case.
Although my system appears to be clean !!

Renmoo
16-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Although my system appears to be clean !!
It could be the recipient's side that we are dealing with, don't forget. ;)