10-07-2008, 12:03 PM
As seen here:

http://blogs.pcworld.com/gameon/archives/007228.html

Jan Birkeland
10-07-2008, 12:24 PM
this makes me so angry...... :ban

Biggles
10-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Those Aussie don't have an R18 rating for games - only M15+ or whatever. cause as we all know, computer games are for kids, so why would you need a rating higher than M15?

I'd assume he game will be submitted to our censors office here in light of this, and get the R18 rating, which is just fine.

Jan Birkeland
10-07-2008, 12:31 PM
depending on the distribution deal Bethesda has with NZ, but hopefully it will be a separate distribution channel to NZ. It might even open up the eyes of those Aussies to get an R18 rating.

wratterus
10-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Lame.

Pussy Aussies.

MAC_H8ER
10-07-2008, 12:42 PM
so this means NZ wont get it either?

if thats the case an aussie mate of mine will be getting an earfull tonight :annoyed:

he will be annoyed too at this news :angry

Biggles
10-07-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm pretty sure we'll get it. It's too big for someone not to want to get it rated. Hopefully.

MAC_H8ER
10-07-2008, 02:04 PM
if it all falls through and doesnt arrive here the only closest thing i can think of as being an alternative is the new STALKER: Clear Skies out sometime soon - i myself have never played Fallout so i dont know how close it is to STALKER but from some previews ive seen im really keen to see what Fallout III is like

Biggles
11-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Behind the ban:

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/887/887728p1.html

Metla
11-07-2008, 12:40 PM
I support the ban.

It may even open the eyes of the game devs.

pctek
11-07-2008, 02:07 PM
The game contains the option to take a variety of drugs known as "chems" using a device which is connected to the character's arm. Upon selection of the device a menu selection screen is displayed. Upon this screen is a list of "chems" that the player can take, by means of selection.

These "chems" have positive effects and some negitave effects (lowering of intelligence, or the character may become addicted to the "chem"). The positive effects include increase in strength, stamina, resistance to damage, agility and hit points.

Corresponding with the list of various "chems" are small visual representation of the drugs, these include syringes, tablets, pill bottles, a crack-type pipe and blister packs. In the Board's view these realistic visual representations of drugs and their delivery method bring the "science-fiction" drugs in line with "real-world" drugs.

Pathetic.
Do you drive in real-life they way you may do in a racing game?
Do you buy guns and go out and shoot people because you like FPSs?

Anyway I'd just buy it overseas, where it is also way cheaper, like I always do.

Metla
11-07-2008, 05:39 PM
But....but...but.....Think of the children, The poor dear children, The children who want to indulge in some Post Nuclear Simulation without having glorified drug use forced on them.....