PDA

View Full Version : Are you SERIOUS vodafone? Charging for customer service calls

jermsie
10-07-2008, 11:06 AM
I don't actively use my vodafone mobile anymore but I got a message from Vodafone this morning saying they will be charging $1 per customer service call! Uhm... why don't they just charge us for turning our phones on too? Oh, no doubt they will!

beeswax34
10-07-2008, 11:34 AM
I just got the same text. WTF is wrong with Vodafone recently? Have they all lost their senses in that company?

I mean the iPhone pricing fiasco is bad enough and they also raised the prices of international texts last year or so and now this.

Next thing you know, we'll be charged to manage our phones from the Internet as well which is what they recommend in this text.

pcuser42
10-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Telecom doesn't charge me for such things. In fact I only have to pay 20c to send a text. :D

qazwsxokmijn
10-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Idiot.

R2x1
10-07-2008, 02:32 PM
It is to cater for the iFans, they expect to pay through the nose for every bit of everything or it is lacking "Jobness". ;)

johcar
10-07-2008, 02:35 PM
They probably see their expected cash cow (iPhun) drying up, so they need another revenue stream.

That, plus their support is pathetic anyway - maybe they need to raise some money to ppay for getting some monkeys in who know what they're talking about...

:D

vitalstatistix
10-07-2008, 02:39 PM
They probably see their expected cash cow (iPhun) drying up, so they need another revenue stream.

That would be quite likely since I doubt that many people are going to cough up for an iPhone at the current prices.

Even Rogers of Canada have finally come to their senses :lol: after a "wee bit of proding" from Apple, and dropped their rates siginificantly so now Apple will actually supply them with iPhones.

To summarize: That makes Vodafone NZ the most expensive rip off merchants out of 21 iPhone providers around the world come 12.01am tonight.

robbyp
10-07-2008, 03:55 PM
I don't actively use my vodafone mobile anymore but I got a message from Vodafone this morning saying they will be charging $1 per customer service call! Uhm... why don't they just charge us for turning our phones on too? Oh, no doubt they will!

Prepay cusomters are second class customers to vodafone. Just another example of how this global company is ripping off NZers. Do vodafone OZ do this?

Hurry up telecom and NZ Communications , and setup your GSM networks, so we can have some competition in the GSM space.

robbyp
10-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Paul must have planned his holiday so he would avoid this PR nightmare for vodafone NZ.

At least they announced this a day before the iphone launch, so it would get lost in the iphone hype.

wratterus
10-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Boycott them. Come on people.

Otherwise everyone else will start doing the same, cause its 'acceptable'.

:groan:

bevy121
10-07-2008, 04:10 PM
just got the same text as I was reading this post!
Vodaboneusall has just replaced Telecom in my "worst rippoff telco in the country" file (in my head lol )

Something I never thought I'd revise my opinion of for many years - oh how things change these days

So - with home phone, broadband, and 2 prepay phones all with VodaBone, I will be changing who I pay for the services to in the near future

(tho it was iHug when I signed up with them 3 years ago - a much better company than VodaBone ever will be - they actually cared about customer service...)

robbyp
10-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Boycott them. Come on people.

Otherwise everyone else will start doing the same, cause its 'acceptable'.

:groan:

I woudn't be surprised if they setup a 0900 number for people calling their vodafone (previosuly ihug) ISP helpdesk, as that must cost them a packet to run.

Digby
10-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Lets hope as many people as possible join the new mobile company when it sets up.

Just to piss vodaphone and telecom off and to pay them back for ripping us off for all these years.

I will be joining them whatever their prices are, (as long as its not dearer).

jermsie
10-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Lets hope as many people as possible join the new mobile company when it sets up.

Just to piss vodaphone and telecom off and to pay them back for ripping us off for all these years.

I will be joining them whatever their prices are, (as long as its not dearer).

Ditto

the_bogan
10-07-2008, 07:05 PM
I woudn't be surprised if they setup a 0900 number for people calling their vodafone (previosuly ihug) ISP helpdesk, as that must cost them a packet to run.

Like Trademe?

qazwsxokmijn
10-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Where's their headquarters?

Time to call the bomb guys!

robbyp
10-07-2008, 11:03 PM

Don't ring the 'free' number on the TXT, as you will be billed for the call. I was , and had to take 10 minutes to phone their support desk to get a refund for the call. If it was the after the 1st August, I would have had to pay, in order to get a refund that was less than the cost of calling their support desk. Pretty shabby operation they are running.

roddy_boy
10-07-2008, 11:16 PM
just got the same text as I was reading this post!
Vodaboneusall has just replaced Telecom in my "worst rippoff telco in the country" file (in my head lol )

Something I never thought I'd revise my opinion of for many years - oh how things change these days

So - with home phone, broadband, and 2 prepay phones all with VodaBone, I will be changing who I pay for the services to in the near future

(tho it was iHug when I signed up with them 3 years ago - a much better company than VodaBone ever will be - they actually cared about customer service...)

VodaBone? Seriously? Jesus ****, learn some sort of creative insulting. That's just plain ****. I'm just being honest here.

qazwsxokmijn
10-07-2008, 11:28 PM
VodaBone? Seriously? Jesus ****, learn some sort of creative insulting. That's just plain ****. I'm just being honest here.
Why aren't we permanently banning this moron?

bevy121
11-07-2008, 12:51 AM
Lets check out some examples from the "roddy_boy school of creative insulting"

[removed by moderator]

Roddy, comments like that are not helpful at all. If you have nothing to contribute to this forum, i suggest you take your snide remarks elsewhere.

Jan Birkeland

Oh dear roddy - looks like that one was TOO creative!

You post a lot of irrelevant, uninteresting American news SurferJoe46.

And only just now you thought the quote button might help? Some people make one wonder.

Re: Name for my new Puppy?

Khant. Sounds like ****.

Since when are you the quote police? I was showing that the exact same question had already been asked, and answered. Why must you always attempt to argue with me? Just learn that I'm better than you.

Re: Nice to know Kiwis are good at something!

I do it wrong with your mum all the time. It's how she likes it.

Keep my mum out of this and I'll keep it out of your mum.

Very nice indeed!!!

And a real insight this one...

Re: Nice to know Kiwis are good at something!

No I'm serious. I smoke weed. I have done for a while now. And at present, it's holidays at uni, and I haven't got a job.

And that little selection just from the last week

Ninjabear
11-07-2008, 01:13 AM
Why aren't we permanently banning this moron?

I ask myself the same question too ..

roddy_boy
11-07-2008, 06:25 AM
Lets check out some examples from the "roddy_boy school of creative insulting"

Oh dear roddy - looks like that one was TOO creative!

Very nice indeed!!!

And a real insight this one...

And that little selection just from the last week

Fair call, bevy121Bone.

strifest
12-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Wait till they cancel your bestmates without telling you and then you rack up a huge bill and it's all your fault!

robbyp
12-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Wait till they cancel your bestmates without telling you and then you rack up a huge bill and it's all your fault!

Vodafone aren't in NZ to make friends, just money. It is always good to remember that when dealing with them.

beeswax34
12-07-2008, 06:21 PM

Still waiting...

rob_on_guitar
12-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Vodafone only want the same share of being rip offs as telecom.

After all arent they the same?

strifest
12-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Still waiting...

I wish I could say the same.

the_bogan
12-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Has anyone mentioned that this $1 service charge is only for pre pay plans?

Me, only spending $20.00 every 10 months, probably helped cause this. They must come close to losing money on people like me :rolleyes:

robbyp
12-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Has anyone mentioned that this $1 service charge is only for pre pay plans?

Me, only spending $20.00 every 10 months, probably helped cause this. They must come close to losing money on people like me :rolleyes:

They are still making more, than they would if you were instead with telecom. They rake in huge profits, so really there is no excuse for charging for 'communication with a communications company'

robbyp
12-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Vodafone only want the same share of being rip offs as telecom.

After all arent they the same?

They are not the same. Telecom is around 40% owned by mum and dad NZ shareholders. However vodafone is 100% owned offshore in the UK, so all the profits they make after expenses, are shipped offshore. I believe you are better to support NZ owned comapnies, especially in times of recession.

the_bogan
12-07-2008, 11:30 PM
They are still making more, than they would if you were instead with telecom. They rake in huge profits, so really there is no excuse for charging for 'communication with a communications company'

But at least the phone I got, I can swich providers if need be (And if there were). Telecom phones you can't / couldn't?

Sure, "Mum and Dad" investors are better off if Telecom shares grow, but in reality, shares generally grow when a company cuts costs to achieve better earnings. It's a vicious world.

robbyp
12-07-2008, 11:56 PM
But at least the phone I got, I can swich providers if need be (And if there were). Telecom phones you can't / couldn't?

Sure, "Mum and Dad" investors are better off if Telecom shares grow, but in reality, shares generally grow when a company cuts costs to achieve better earnings. It's a vicious world.

All telecoms GSM phones that they release on their network at the end of the year will be unlocked.

beeswax34
13-07-2008, 02:06 AM
They are not the same. Telecom is around 40% owned by mum and dad NZ shareholders. However vodafone is 100% owned offshore in the UK, so all the profits they make after expenses, are shipped offshore. I believe you are better to support NZ owned comapnies, especially in times of recession.

I wish NZ owned and operated companies supported US for a change. Telecoms profits come from ripping off those "mum and dad" investors too you know.

rob_on_guitar
13-07-2008, 04:14 AM

Holy **** it didnt just freeze when I argued the point...:lol:

vitalstatistix
13-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Article in Stuff about Vodafone complaints
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4609612a26513.html

Nermal
13-07-2008, 06:11 PM
I like the bit about how reduced free Live services is an "improvement".