PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Jonny

lolcakestbh
09-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Has anybody been following this guy? He's been standing in line for the iPhone since tuesday and has just become an overnight celebrity.

The story broke in NZ, made the Herald then went international. Engadget picked up the story - then it got dugg in a big way. http://digg.com/apple/iPhone_Jonny_World_s_First_iPhone_3G_Customer_in_w aiting

We were checking him out at work today, he's got his own blog setup and is posting up pictures, videos and stories live from the street lol. http://1stinline.blogspot.com/

Its weird though - He's ordering all this stuff from the side of the street. he got a mobile massage today haha. He's hardly slumming it. We were thinking we could challenge him to do stuff during the day while he was sitting there - especially since the whole world is watching him!

Digby
09-07-2008, 07:54 PM
I wonder if he will sign up with Vodaphone ?

Perhaps on his world-wide blogs he could detail Vodaphone's pricing plans. Seeing as how Mark Rushnotworthit thinks his plans are so good.

bob_doe_nz
09-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Someone needs to give him coffee. Laced with laxatives.

jermsie
09-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Someone needs to give him coffee. Laced with laxatives.

Yes!

vitalstatistix
09-07-2008, 09:39 PM
I wonder if he will sign up with Vodaphone ?
Seeing as how Mark Rushnotworthit thinks his plans are so good.

:thumbs:

johcar
09-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Jonny No-life! Or Jonny No-brain (twice, once for sleeping outside in nearly zero degree weather and second for wanting to sign up to a rip-off)

vitalstatistix
09-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Jonny No-life! Or Jonny No-brain (twice, once for sleeping outside in nearly zero degree weather and second for wanting to sign up to a rip-off)

If nothing else he is getting plenty of media coverage although I would agree with the ripoff side of things at this stage. Pity really.<sigh> Apparently there are now 4 people lined up.

pcuser42
10-07-2008, 09:03 AM
I'd love to pull the fingers at that guy. :D He's the one footing the bill.

maccrazy
10-07-2008, 06:01 PM
I've posted some photos of the Auckland queue for anyone interested (there were ten people at 3:00 this afternoon):

http://www.maccrazy.net/2008/07/10/video-iphone-3g-line-in-auckland/

A video will be uploaded this evening. :)

vitalstatistix
10-07-2008, 06:49 PM
I see the TV3 gadget guy in the back of one of the photos

bob_doe_nz
10-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Wait?
Someone there was lining up and they did NOT have a macbook?

vitalstatistix
10-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Considering the the iPhone works on both Mac & PC, that is not a surprise :rolleyes: Maybe there are some PC users that are keen to get an iPhone too :p

At the prices they are offering I am surprised that there are that many people actually lining up. :eek:

Just in: The iPhone will do internet radio with one of the apps from the App store which will be open tomorrow morning our time

One called Pandora allows you to create custom internet radio stations:

Pandora is already available on other phones from AT&T and Sprint, for a monthly fee. On the iPhone, it is free. That makes it "a credible alternative to broadcast (radio)," in part because iPhones can be plugged into car stereos, founder Tim Westergren says.

pcuser42
10-07-2008, 07:22 PM
The article on One News just finished, claiming bragging rights.

Who'll be bragging about a healthy bank balance? :D

vitalstatistix
10-07-2008, 07:28 PM
That would be those of us NOT buying it at this stage. It will be interesting to see if the 10? people currently queueing are the only ones that buy the iPhone tonight, hopefully leaving Vodafone red faced maybe???...then the real fun hits a couple of hours later when the Aussie stores all open :banana

maccrazy
10-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Video now up (http://www.maccrazy.net/2008/07/10/video-iphone-3g-line-in-auckland/).

vitalstatistix
10-07-2008, 11:15 PM
How long is the queue now?

vitalstatistix
10-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Considering the the iPhone works on both Mac & PC, that is not a surprise :rolleyes: Maybe there are some PC users that are keen to get an iPhone too :p

At the prices they are offering I am surprised that there are that many people actually lining up. :eek:

Just in: The iPhone will do internet radio with one of the apps from the App store which will be open tomorrow morning our time

Just quoting myself - just saw the late night One news and there does appear to be slightly more than 10 people in the queue. Although that would be a small queue by Apple product release standards it is a pretty BIG queue considering the price of the iPhone.

johcar
11-07-2008, 12:41 AM
Just quoting myself - just saw the late night One news and there does appear to be slightly more than 10 people in the queue. Although that would be a small queue by Apple product release standards it is a pretty BIG queue considering the price of the iPhone.

Hmm. Onanism?

stu161204
11-07-2008, 12:50 AM
the iphone is now for sale