PDA

View Full Version : TVNZ in a wee spot of bother

Paul Camford
09-07-2008, 07:26 PM
If TVNZ sack Veitch now, which I rightly suspect they will have to do.
they are going to have to answer some very awkward questions.

Such us , what did they know beforehand and when did they know it.
And why did they not sack him then ?

the_bogan
09-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Maybe he told them what caused the arguement?

Speedy Gonzales
09-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Well, according to the media he's got his own business. So, even if he gets sacked. He can work for himself

nofam
09-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Why should they sack him?

Hundreds of men (and a few women) get convicted of serious assault every year, and unless they get a prison sentence or home detention which precludes them from doing their job, they don't get fired.

If there's charges to be brought, try him, and be done with it. It doesn't impinge on his ability as a sport broadcaster one bit.

:2cents:

Metla
09-07-2008, 08:03 PM
They should sack him for harming their image.

And in the tradition of an eye for an eye, He should take a beating, a beating severe enough to break his back in 4 places.

Whiny little auckland ***** that he is.

Cicero
09-07-2008, 08:11 PM

And in the tradition of an eye for an eye, He should take a beating, a beating severe enough to break his back in 4 places.

Whiny little auckland ***** that he is.
I like him too!

Jen
09-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Hundreds of men (and a few women) get convicted of serious assault every year, and unless they get a prison sentence or home detention which precludes them from doing their job, they don't get fired.Some people, especially in high profile positions, often have a code of conduct written into their contracts. If they break one of those code of conduct rules then their contract can cease to exist.

paulw
09-07-2008, 08:30 PM

They have an image??

nofam
09-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Some people, especially in high profile positions, often have a code of conduct written into their contracts. If they break one of those code of conduct rules then their contract can cease to exist.

Fair point Jen - quite likely he would have one in his position ;)

plod
09-07-2008, 09:12 PM
No point in hanging him before you know the details, his statement wasn't details. And to be honest its only his and her business anyway.
I like the guy.
The way I see it, he has saved the court a lot of time and bother, because in the end he has paid a higher price keeping this out of court, then what the courts could ever impose on him.

plod
09-07-2008, 09:18 PM
As for Derek Fox, He is someone maori can strive to be like, a great role model.

Metla
09-07-2008, 09:24 PM
So, If he has killed her it would still just be a personal issue between the pair of them?

What about bashing babies?

plod
09-07-2008, 09:31 PM
So, If he has killed her it would still just be a personal issue between the pair of them?

What about bashing babies?

All I'm saying is lets have the FACTS out before we go jumping to conclusions.
She did have the opportunity to go the police, she didn't. Maybe she feels responsible for it.
Not condoning it.

the_bogan
09-07-2008, 09:32 PM
From what I heard, it was one kick that broke her back in four places.

The extent of the injury is bad, but from what I've heard, he didn't continuously attack her.

There's no way I'm saying what he did was right, but I'd like to see what happened to set them off like that.

Paul Camford
09-07-2008, 09:39 PM
In reply to Plod , up to now what has been the cost to Veitch ?
$100,000 may be a lot of money to you and me but not so much to him.
The only difference between him and someone else who would have to front up
to the court and possibly prison is that his X partner did not report it for whatever reason.
He says there was it was a mutual agreement to keep it out of the public eye.
Im sure that suited him fine
I

plod
09-07-2008, 09:44 PM
In reply to Plod , up to now what has been the cost to Veitch ?
$100,000 may be a lot of money to you and me but not so much to him.
The only difference between him and someone else who would have to front up
to the court and possibly prison is that his X partner did not report it for whatever reason.
He says there was it was a mutual agreement to keep it out of the public eye.
Im sure that suited him fine
I

with his money he could afford a decent lawyer, would have been charged with "male assault female", been given community service of some sort.
Mutual agreement to keep it out of the public, she didn't have a public profile so would have thought she would have jumped at the chance to nail him, unless she was partly responsible for the events that took place.

beetle
09-07-2008, 09:45 PM
So youre saying violence of any kind is ok if you keep it between him and her?
So you bash your partner and thats ok?
What about you bash your kids?

and that money will make it better? make the memory or injurys go away?

and that being high profile he should keep his job cos he really did nothing wrong? if you were a female or even a male would you really want to work with him?

maybe we dont know all the story, but if you have to pay out money maybe that makes you seem a little off? if you did nothing wrong, why do you need to keep someones mouth shut with money? if you need to hide something you did wrong how would you go about it?

violence isnt a way to live.
beetle:stare:

Metla
09-07-2008, 09:51 PM
All I'm saying is lets have the FACTS out before we go jumping to conclusions.
She did have the opportunity to go the police, she didn't. Maybe she feels responsible for it.
Not condoning it.

Women bashing is a community/social issue, and the repercussions/punishment should be played out for the community, Not bought off behind closed doors.

As part of the community response he needs to front up, Not that dribble he performed today, and to get the facts the cops need to launch an investigation, right now, hunt down the chick and get the info off her, And then charge him with whatever suits.

Then he needs to be tried in front of his community, and be seen to be punished.

the_bogan
09-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Don't forget male bashing exists as well as alive as women bashing.

plod
09-07-2008, 09:59 PM
So youre saying violence of any kind is ok if you keep it between him and her?
So you bash your partner and thats ok?
What about you bash your kids?

and that money will make it better? make the memory or injurys go away?

and that being high profile he should keep his job cos he really did nothing wrong? if you were a female or even a male would you really want to work with him?

maybe we dont know all the story, but if you have to pay out money maybe that makes you seem a little off? if you did nothing wrong, why do you need to keep someones mouth shut with money? if you need to hide something you did wrong how would you go about it?

If the so called victim is not smart enough to get the police involved she is just as guilty as he is or has something to hide.

violence isnt a way to live.
beetle:stare:
No I don't bash my wife, she hasn't given me a reason too yet. As for my children a smack once in a while, but am very hesitant to as I was raised with an iron fist and don't want to do the same to my children.

Metla
09-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Don't forget male bashing exists as well as alive as women bashing.

Anyone who lets their women bash them deserves it.

plod
09-07-2008, 10:03 PM

and probably likes it as well

the_bogan
09-07-2008, 10:11 PM

So why can't the other way round be okay?

beetle
09-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Um i said partner...... not she. i know all about the male bashing.... its just as prevelant as female bashing apparently.

for those that have been thro it, when they are down and being attacked......... would that be a good time to say hey its ok to beat you.... ill give you money.
doesnt matter if she supposedly prevoked him, violence is never the answer.
its a cycle, and if the next generation see it, they often repeat it, and think its ok.......

beetle :(

beetle
09-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Apologies if you thought i was stating things about you.... no matter how many times i read that it still doesn't come out how i mean....
........ i was i guess whitewashing the bashing idea, not picking at any particular poster. neither male or female.

Wasn't saying this about any person in particular, just that wife or husband beater who remains unseen and nameless........ most likely how they get away with it...

beetle :rolleyes:

Thebananamonkey
09-07-2008, 10:31 PM
He broke her back in four places.

If it wasn't his partner he'd be in prison.

So if you love the person it's somehow ok? I think that makes it worse.

As for keeping his job, public image is the entirety of his job as a presenter. If he's not a good role model, then he deserves to lose it.

Doing that to anyone is bad. Doing it to someone you love makes you a monster.

And then he goes and tries to buy his way out of prison? What a wonderfully just society we live in. One set of laws for all.

I hope the police investigate and put him in prison, it'll show other wealthy people that they've got to play by the same rules we do.

plod
09-07-2008, 10:42 PM
So if you love the person it's somehow ok? I think that makes it worse.

As for keeping his job, public image is the entirety of his job as a presenter. If he's not a good role model, then he deserves to lose it.

People seem to think that high profile people are role models.
lets get this straight.
All black player on duty= role model to children
All black off duty= not a role model, the parents should be the role models of there children not sports stars

rob_on_guitar
09-07-2008, 10:48 PM
TVNZ havent got any issues, guys like him are a dime a dozen, TVNZ have already its a personal matter so really it hasnt anything to do with them. Although they missed their chance on a story :lol:

beetle
09-07-2008, 10:52 PM
But a parents job is 24 / 7....... (but in reality a lot dont even do that much..)

when does there time to be off duty happen?

No matter whether you are a parent or not,

each and every one of us at some time is a role model. people in the limelite of tv or sport dont seem to get the choice, but the strain seems to be to much and oooooooops they snap. and the media jumps to catch the item, or story of who did what and where,

beetle

Zippity
10-07-2008, 01:37 AM
Great to see that the Tall Poppy Syndrome is alive and well in this forum :( :(

rob_on_guitar
10-07-2008, 01:57 AM
....what ever happened to the short poppies?....

Metla
10-07-2008, 08:31 AM
He aint no poppy, He's a weak little fool who savagely beat a woman and has tried to hide it away.

Cicero
10-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Do we know what he did to her,a gentle wack or what?

Trev
10-07-2008, 09:35 AM
THE VEITCH FILES
July 2008: Tony Veitch's career hangs in the balance after he admitted an assault on his former partner, Kristin Dunne-Powell. He told a press conference it was something he would regret for the rest of his life.
Dec 2006: Reports circulate of a stoush between Veitch and fellow Radio Sport host Willie Lose. Veitch dismissed the claims saying, 'We were being lads and pissing around ... It was boys having a bit of fun and he took it a bit far and I got out of the situation."
Sept 2005: Of US tennis star Serena Williams, Veitch says: "Do you know where the apes come from? She is a reminder." He was ordered to apologise by his Radio Sport bosses for the on-air comment, and later censured by TVNZ.
Feb 2005: Veitch is suspended from his sports presenter role at TVNZ after appearing in an advertisement for an Interdominion harness-racing series at Alexandra Park Raceway, Auckland.

I actually have never really liked him. I always found him to be a bit to cocky/smart for his own good.
:)

pctek
10-07-2008, 09:48 AM
People seem to think that high profile people are role models.

They shouldn't be but they are.
Ask your kids/grandkids or neighbours if you haven't got any who their heroes are.
Chances are it will be a sports person or someone on TV or in the movies.

She's a twit for agreein g to keep it quiet but he's an a*****e.

Sue
10-07-2008, 10:20 AM
No Tall Poppy here, just a little weed kicking a female so hard he broke her back in four places ~ Suppose it made him feel big and strong.
Charge him, then throw away the key before he breeds.

Thebananamonkey
10-07-2008, 10:47 AM
No Tall Poppy here, just a little weed kicking a female so hard he broke her back in four places ~ Suppose it made him feel big and strong.

+10,000,000

ie: couldn't agree more if I tried.

Cicero
10-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Crikey,did he break her back,how do you do that with just a lash out.
If it is so,he needs hanging by the place man fears to tread.

allblack
10-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Good to see the so-far-undisclosed facts aren't getting in the way of a good lynch mob.....:groan:

Thebananamonkey
10-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Good to see the so-far-undisclosed facts aren't getting in the way of a good lynch mob.....:groan:

When you think about it though, what could she have possibly done that would justify his actions?

Cheating wouldn't cover it either. There's no justification for injuring someone that badly.

As for tall poppy syndrome, people in the media aren't so naive as to think there's such a think as "off duty". And if they are, they'll soon learn.

Richard
10-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Now. What about Max Mosley?

beetle
10-07-2008, 11:07 AM
didnt know sitting on the fence was your style Blacky.........:p

beetle

allblack
10-07-2008, 11:07 AM
When you think about it though, what could she have possibly done that would justify his actions?

Like everyone else.....I don't know!

Want an example?....maybe he pushed her when she came after him with a baseball bat, and the push made her fall down some stairs breaking her back?

If he assaulted her to the point of breaking her back in four places, you'll have to queue behind me to see him strung up.

If.

Thebananamonkey
10-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Like everyone else.....I don't know!

Want an example?....maybe he pushed her when she came after him with a baseball bat, and the push made her fall down some stairs breaking her back?

If he assaulted her to the point of breaking her back in four places, you'll have to queue behind me to see him strung up.

If.

One of her friends told the media that he'd kicked her in the back when she was curled up on the floor of the bedroom.

They didn't say why and, frankly, I really couldn't care less.

He should lose his job at the very least.

beetle
10-07-2008, 11:13 AM
So you dont think he kicked her like has been stated?

and you dont think what he said last night when he snapped / lashed out is actually his words.........:stare:

violence is never aceptable on any grounds.

beetle

allblack
10-07-2008, 11:13 AM
One of her friends told the media that he'd kicked her in the back when she was curled up on the floor of the bedroom.

They didn't say why and, frankly, I really couldn't care less.

He should lose his job at the very least.

One of her friends?

Sorry, my bad. Didn't know the source was that reliable. String the bastard up then aye.

allblack
10-07-2008, 11:15 AM
So you dont think he kicked her like has been stated

I wouldn't have a clue Beets.....that's the point.

Chances are there's only two people that do know, and they don't appear to be saying.

Until such time as the facts come out, everything is based on assumption.

Sweep
10-07-2008, 11:19 AM
It would be nice if we knew the facts rather than making a guess.
I never condone violence as an answer to a problem.

beetle
10-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Ok.

But reguardless of what he did, or didnt do, violence isnt the answer to fix any problems, and handing out money isnt a way to fix problems either it seems........... they got caught out. trying to hide what some one did, or may have done.
:rolleyes:
beetle

allblack
10-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Ok.

But reguardless of what he did, or didnt do, violence isnt the answer to fix any problems, and handing out money isnt a way to fix problems either it seems........... they got caught out. trying to hide what some one did, or may have done.
:rolleyes:
beetle

I doubt anyone here or anywhere else would disagree with your sentiment, but the fact that he did hand money over, AND she accepted it, therefore entering into an agreement with him, makes me believe there's a truckload more to this than the histrionics seen lately.

Metla
10-07-2008, 11:30 AM
he has had the opportunity to state what wasn't true, Surely the very first thing anyone would have done is denied the worse part of the allegations if they were lies, instead he talked about being exhausted and on medication, which is merely an attempt at damage control.

I personally don't give a **** about damage control, he needs to man up.

The ball is in his court, And until I hear him say it ain't so then I'm prepared to take the claims on face value.

Trev
10-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Paul Holmes on Tony Veitch.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/multimedia/audio.cfm?c_id=1&gal_objectid=10520857&gallery_id=1477
Dose he still have a career.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/multimedia/audio.cfm?c_id=1&gal_objectid=10520857&gallery_id=1479
And some more.
http://blogs.nzherald.co.nz/blog/your-views/2008/7/9/should-tony-veitch-keep-his-tvnz-and-radio-sport-jobs/?c_id=1501154

royaloaks
10-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Is this not the same little thug that made the comment about Serena Williams coming from monkeys? I am sure it is. Has to have a low opinion of women. Dont want to ever see him on the telly or radio again, thanks all the same.

Trev
10-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Is this not the same little thug that made the comment about Serena Williams coming from monkeys? I am sure it is. Has to have a low opinion of women. Dont want to ever see him on the telly or radio again, thanks all the same.

Already mentioned.

Thebananamonkey
10-07-2008, 01:18 PM
he has had the opportunity to state what wasn't true, Surely the very first thing anyone would have done is denied the worse part of the allegations if they were lies, instead he talked about being exhausted and on medication, which is merely an attempt at damage control.

I personally don't give a **** about damage control, he needs to man up.

The ball is in his court, And until I hear him say it ain't so then I'm prepared to take the claims on face value.

You have an impressive way of making your thoughts definitive. I think exactly the same, but didn't feel nearly so justified until I heard you say it.

How do you do that? It's really frustrating if I want to disagree with you... :D

allblack
10-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Attached file: 3698161364.jpg (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/3698161364.jpg) (66 KB)

wratterus
10-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Attached file: 3698161364.jpg (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/3698161364.jpg) (66 KB)

Awesome.

SolMiester
10-07-2008, 04:21 PM
I think we should all mind our own business......I hate how the media interferes with other peoples personal stuff and claim the people need to know the truth.

We all know how much the media hype such subjects......

I dont give a **** what he did to an ex 2 yrs ago!

Cicero
10-07-2008, 05:15 PM
I dont give a **** what he did to an ex 2 yrs ago!
That's what the average German said of the goings on(World war2),not sure it's quite the answer.

roddy_boy
10-07-2008, 05:47 PM
I like him as a sports presenter.

Isn't it up to the victim to press charges for this sort of crime?

Paul Camford
10-07-2008, 07:33 PM
I don't think that's the point
Its what he did that matters

But I go back to my original post.
His radio station has now suspended him
Why ?
Do they have additional information that they did not have before
Or did they and TVNZ decide to overlook what they knew ?

Also I loved his comment about the pressure of 2 high paying jobs
That was his choice surely

Sweep
10-07-2008, 08:17 PM
My point would be that this is trial by media again.

We have no idea what happened and speculation would not help in selecting a jury should the matter get to the point of a trial as it may do.

http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=87466&fm=psp,nwl

How did this story hit the headlines I wonder. The event is a couple of years old now.

Tony is apparently guilty because there was a payment according to the media. Has the Ex run out of money now?

The matter should go to court and be proven in my view.

I should add that violence is not normally a solution to a problem but we also do not know what provocation may have been offered by either party.

As I was not there on the night in question I should not come to a conclusion until I hear the truth from both parties.

Metla
10-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Trial by media?

Perhaps, Though he dedicated his life to having a high profile, You can't just take that status back when it doesn't suit.

The Piper must be paid, and so far that hasn't happened.

But yeah, Someone deliberately staged this leak, That much is pretty obvious.

Did I mention the piper must be paid?

SolMiester
11-07-2008, 09:43 AM
[edit: quoted post removed]

LMAO....wahey...great come back......!

I personally think its a great shame for Tony to lose his career over....It was in the passed, he made reparations, appears he still is! He can now thank his media colleagues for destroying his career.....

I think the only hope for him now is to do the anti-violent ad's on telly and be a spokesman against violence.....maybe enough to help him back....

Trev
11-07-2008, 09:48 AM
NZ Herald Editorial On Veitch. Leave Him For The Police.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10520932
Game Of Two Halfs co-hosts Mark Elis, Mathew Ridge are not squeeky clean either, not to sure about Trim Pork Mike.

Jen
11-07-2008, 10:22 AM
The observant few will note there are a few less posts in this thread. Please discuss the topic and not each others' mothers, IQ's or scholastic abilities.

Winston001
11-07-2008, 11:46 AM
The news media would not have published this story without checking it very carefully. Veitch hasn't denied any of it - specifically the broken back which if untrue you'd expect him to make a noise about. Makes me sick.

He paid her something approaching $170,000. Sounds like hush money to me. I'd be surprised if his bosses knew about this. He earns $400,000 pa plus public speaking fees etc. That's a lot of money at risk which explains why he wanted it hushed up.

Why did she accept it? This woman was off work for 4 months and eventually left her job. You'd need to understand the psychology of an assault victim to appreciate why giving in and taking the offer is easier than ruining the career of someone you loved. I'm sure she was under a lot of pressure from Veitch, his lawyers, and possibly mutual friends.

Radio Sport already has advertisers withdrawing. Media people like Veitch have code of conduct clauses in their employment agreements and he has clearly breached that.

I have never liked the smart-alec and as pointed out above, this isn't the first indication of his arrogant violent streak. Worm.

Zippity
11-07-2008, 12:03 PM
I have never liked the smart-alec and as pointed out above, this isn't the first indication of his arrogant violent streak. Worm.

And that about sums up your contribution to this debate. Thanks. :(

Thebananamonkey
11-07-2008, 12:46 PM
And that about sums up your contribution to this debate. Thanks. :(

What's your point?

The point of his post was to sum up his contribution to this debate.

Or are you taking the role of moderator for this thread now? Should I just PM you for permission if I feel like posting again?

Metla
11-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Winston's post as always is well thought out and clear, and always make a worthwhile contribution to the discussion at hand, Surely even a moron can see that, even if they don't agree with his views.

Perhaps not, I don't quite know how to factor "moron" into the equation, Perhaps its art rather then science.

Zippity
11-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Please explain something to me:

In a normal "civilised" debate, the mover gets two options to put his/her case. The seconder if he or she so wishes, can also get two bites.
Everyone else gets just one chance to put their case.

How come on this Board, Metla gets to bore us with his self-opinionated dribble every second or third post?

I ask again, shouldn't this forum be more aptly named "Metla's Way"? :(

Thebananamonkey
11-07-2008, 01:05 PM

In a normal "civilised" debate, the mover gets two options to put his/her case. The seconder if he or she so wishes, can also get two bites.

How come on this Board, Metla gets to bore us with his self-opinionated dribble every second or third post?

This isn't high school debating club. This is a free for all.

A lot of us like Metlas boring self-opinionated dribble.

Metla
11-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Did I mention Winston made an excellent post?

:D

Lmao at your "two bites" claim, Is that an unwritten internet rule you just invented? A policy you have just imagined and are now demanding gets implemented worldwide?

That aside, If by popular choice we rename the board in my honour, I of course accept.:D:D:D

Mabe I should change my name to Carlito....

.....Carlito's Way has a nice ring to it.

Biggles
11-07-2008, 01:12 PM

This is a public forum, not a "civilised" debating room. As I think we can all see over the years here, the rules that apply here - notwithstanding the official rules which the mods try to enforce with common sense, rather than by the book - have more to do with stone age cavemen fighting over a side of beef than they do with civilised society.

And in that context, Metla is the alpha male. Hear him roar.

Metla
11-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Carlito's Way, The last great role played by Al Pacino.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7Jw2F77GCI

beetle
11-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Hahahahaha Bruce....... hear him roar..... lol he may be loud at times, but remember he also wears those pink slippers.....:p

and yes we are all entitled to opnions, sometimes we can even state facts and truth.... :D
Sometimes we need to read, and walk away. it is really neat to watch a good debate here, with facts, opinions and sometimes outragous ideas come to fore here,

but favouratism isnt rife here, and personal insults or remarks made that get personal are not well liked here.
if the thread, post or poster annoy you, ignore it, or walk away, none of us will ever win a war here, the mods have final say, so sometimes it isnt worth the effort to grump here, or if you feel the need to thats a good reason to PM someone.

i feel that there are some very valid points brought up in this thread, about violence in general, not just about, Veitch or tvnz. and if something doesnt happen about this story, the aspect of violence that may have been done, then our police and society is letting us down.

Violence isnt ok.
for the safety of our children and their future, we must get that across.
:illogical
beetle

Jen
11-07-2008, 01:31 PM

Everyone else gets just one chance to put their case.You are in for one heck of a rude shock if you think debates on PressF1 follow any prescribed debating rules. "Two bites" around here normally involves blood shed on the dance floor. Debates/discussions can be free flowing and free for all. As long as it doesn't involve personal attacks or other socially impolite things, it is left to run its course.

Now lets all be nice.

Zippity
11-07-2008, 03:16 PM

Guess I will just have to leave the kiddies to play and move on to more intelligent reading :)

Winston001
11-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Now lets all be nice.

Nice?? NICE?? Why should we start now??

I've given this much thought and ultimately concluded that Tony Veitch is a loathsome heap of parrot droppings and his painted cheeks are flabbier than an old ape's bottom! :lol:

Metla
11-07-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm pretty sure we don't have to be nice to Tony Veitch, Unless of course people are not in fact repulsed by his behaviour but just using the event as an excuse to attack the tall poppy, But to buy into that logic you would be making light of the heinous act he is "alleged" to have done,

Cicero
11-07-2008, 04:13 PM
All I can say is,it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I have always found his voice rather high and badly accented not at all pleasant to my ear,so lets keep fingers crossed and hope that we have seen the last of him.

SolMiester
11-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Amazing thing is this sort of thing happens all the time, yet no one stands up and makes a noise.....Oh look someone famous, lets all abuse me from the comfort of our pc's where no one will see us......

NZ has about the worst domestic violence record in the world.....Vietch put his hand up, i think the holier than thou's should all ****, no ones perfect and its none of anyone business but Vietch and the ex.....

Thebananamonkey
11-07-2008, 04:47 PM
It's a crime. It's the polices business whether she wants to press charges or not.

I'd say that regardless of whether he's famous or not. Anyone who causes that much damage to another human being should be put on trial by jury.

The only reason this is so bad is that he tried to pay his way out of a crime. Had they settled it in the first place I doubt people would be so disgusted.

SolMiester
11-07-2008, 04:55 PM
All hearsay!....no one but vietch & co know what happen......

Metla
11-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Amazing thing is this sort of thing happens all the time, yet no one stands up and makes a noise.....Oh look someone famous, lets all abuse me from the comfort of our pc's where no one will see us......

NZ has about the worst domestic violence record in the world.....Vietch put his hand up, i think the holier than thou's should all ****, no ones perfect and its none of anyone business but Vietch and the ex.....

It happens all the time so we should all stay silent?

I hardly thinking being repulsed by this act and condemning it makes anyone "holier then thou", If you were witness to the fact then surely you would have stepped in and stopped it?, I know I would have, No matter if the participants were on TV or not.

And what impression is being given to the public of NZ?, That extreme violence against women is cool as long as you pay her to keep quiet?

The "what happens at home stays at home" way of thinking is what has protected violent offenders and paedophiles throughout history.

SolMiester
11-07-2008, 05:13 PM
You missed the point Melta.......I didnt say stay silent, I didnt say do nothing....I am saying that this happens frequently, and its only because he is famous, that everyone is getting on the bandwagon.....Havent heard of any domestic violence being stopped by friendly neighbours anywhere in NZ.....

You are saying he paid the ex off, well Im sorry Metla, but you know jack **** mate, only what the media has claimed and assumed is true because Vietch didnt dispute it, and that is not confirmation.

Metla
11-07-2008, 05:33 PM
I know that by not condemning it you are condoning it.

If it were lies then he would have denied it.

Jen
11-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Nice?? NICE?? Why should we start now??

I'm pretty sure we don't have to be nice to Tony Veitch, Unless of course people are not in fact repulsed by his behaviour but just using the event as an excuse to attack the tall poppy, But to buy into that logic you would be making light of the heinous act he is "alleged" to have done,"Nice" as in nice to each other. Sigh.

Winston001
11-07-2008, 08:49 PM

Lets have a debate by all means, we have a lot of fun and vigorous discussion on a huge range of topics here.

Why do you feel Veitch is being unfairly criticised?

SolMiester
11-07-2008, 09:26 PM
I know that by not condemning it you are condoning it.

If it were lies then he would have denied it.

Not at all, by answering or denying such allegations, he gives weight to them, and words to be twisted by the media or opinionated fools with nothing better than to spread rumor and gossip and harp on how about what they would or wouldn't do.

You cant tell me you haven't heard of dignity & that sometimes its best not to go into detail...

By not condemning, you are condoning, if you are not on my side, you are against me, the only thing evil needs to succeed is for the good to do nothing....!is that what you are getting at?.....sometime, IMHO, it is best to keep your own judgment to yourself!....

Edit - just to add, with the level of domestic violence in this country, we should be supporting him for admitting and coming out into the open about it, maybe more can and learn from it, not condemning him....the way forward is not jumping all over him, support may also help others understand blah blah.....ah whatever...I've had enough....

plod
11-07-2008, 09:30 PM
I wonder how much the two english rugby players paid that woman to keep her mouth shut and not lay charges. I don't hear anyone up in arms about that. Or have people put assault ahead of rape for nasty crimes.

Metla
11-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Not at all, by answering or denying such allegations, he gives weight to them, and words to be twisted by the media or opinionated fools with nothing better than to spread rumor and gossip and harp on how about what they would or wouldn't do.

You cant tell me you haven't heard of dignity & that sometimes its best not to go into detail...

By not condemning, you are condoning, if you are not on my side, you are against me, the only thing evil needs to succeed is for the good to do nothing....!is that what you are getting at?.....sometime, IMHO, it is best to keep your own judgment to yourself!....

1.If its true and he denies it, Then when it comes to light he is in a worse position then he currently is....so says nothing

2.If its true and he admits it now, he's in a worse position then now....so says nothing.

3.If its false, Then freaking say so, He will be in a better position for doing so, Its the alleged act of kicking her and breaking her back that is causing the majority of the upset.

That aside, You can't contract out of the law, and hiding domestic violence is not the answer.

If Tony wants to regain any respect then he needs to step up, and lay it out, Not perform carefully scripted damage control.

Anyway, You all probably need to gang up on me at the same time....muhahahahahaha.

MMM
12-07-2008, 09:02 AM
we should be supporting him for admitting and coming out into the open about it, maybe more can and learn from it, not condemning him....the way forward is not jumping all over him, support may also help others understand blah blah.....ah whatever...I've had enough....

He didn't come forward freely, he had no choice. He tried to cover his a**e, it didn't work - tough. His lawyer would have told him what to say and what not to say.

SolMiester
12-07-2008, 12:09 PM
He didn't come forward freely, he had no choice. He tried to cover his a**e, it didn't work - tough. His lawyer would have told him what to say and what not to say.

So he should of stood up on a platform and told the world back when he did it?......like everyone else who has done violence offenses?....would you?

As far as I know, and its not a lot about this, but he when to councilling etc for his mood swing or whatever....and he is probably not the same person now.......

Sweep
13-07-2008, 02:11 PM
No comment from me but we now have this:-

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10521318

Trev
13-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Meant to be more in The Herald On Sunday. Who gets that ??
Trevor :)

plod
13-07-2008, 03:36 PM
It would seem the police (http://www.stuff.co.nz/4616914a19715.html) knew about the incident last July.

the_bogan
13-07-2008, 03:44 PM
So they were both seeing some-one else, told each other (who found out what first?) but who attacked who first.

The fact she wanted the money rather than a conviction seems rather suspect.

vitalstatistix
13-07-2008, 03:45 PM
No comment from me but we now have this:-

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10521318

I would be interested to know what she did to "deserve" to get the bashing, so to speak...? Was it something she said or did or a comment she might have made...? :confused:

plod
13-07-2008, 03:51 PM
I would be interested to know what she did to "deserve" to get the bashing, so to speak...? Was it something she said or a comment she might have made...? :confused:

I could think of quite a few things that might of set him off.

Trev
13-07-2008, 04:27 PM
As The Bogan said who attacked who first. She could of lashed out and hit him then he hit her back and she fell down the stairs. Now if that was the scenario who is in the wrong. Whenever there is domestic violence between a man and a women and someone gets hurt it is always assumed that the male was the agressor and was in the wrong.

roddy_boy
13-07-2008, 05:31 PM
I agree with Trev.

Metla
13-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Yeah, She attacked his foot with her back......

the_bogan
13-07-2008, 06:05 PM
What about the knife she drew on him?

Or was he pissed off because she was drinking too much wine?

roddy_boy
13-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Yeah, She attacked his foot with her back......

It's such a horrible thing for someone to do, I think they should lock her up and throw away the key.