PDA

View Full Version : Aple ipod remotes

robbyp
06-07-2008, 04:47 PM
I was looking for a remote for my ipod, and came across one advertised on trademe at http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-photography/Portable-audio-iPods/iPod-accessories/Other/auction-163883481.htm

It actually says it is manufactured by apple, however the apple website doesn't have any such remote, apart from a radio remote. It doesn't even look like it is made by apple, although it does have an apple logo on it and the seller says it is made by apple. It doesn't have the apple design style either. Do any apple enthusiasts know whether this remote is this for real, or is it counterfeit.

gary67
06-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Certainly looks the part of a genuine apple part

robbyp
06-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Certainly looks the part of a genuine apple part

It has got the apple logo, but it could be counterfit. Personally I don't think it is manufactuered by apple because it is ugly and cheap looking, and doesn't match style of their other remotes, such as the radio one, and the infrared ones, which have the same look as the shuffle..

jermsie
06-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Ask for the product code.

vitalstatistix
06-07-2008, 06:29 PM
I was looking for a remote for my ipod, and came across one advertised on trademe at http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-photography/Portable-audio-iPods/iPod-accessories/Other/auction-163883481.htm

It actually says it is manufactured by apple, however the apple website doesn't have any such remote, apart from a radio remote. It doesn't even look like it is made by apple, although it does have an apple logo on it and the seller says it is made by apple. It doesn't have the apple design style either. Do any apple enthusiasts know whether this remote is this for real, or is it counterfeit.

That is the remote that shipped with the 3rd gen 5/10/15 GB iPods in 2003/4. I used to have one on my first iPod. They changed the iPod design on the 4th gen iPods when they bought out the first gen iPod Shuffle (designed after a packet of chewing gum with long white cord)

robbyp
06-07-2008, 06:32 PM
That is the remote that shipped with the 3rd gen 5/10/15 GB iPods in 2003/4. I used to have one on my first iPod.

Ah, ok, that explains it. However they are misrepresenting it, becuase they say the remote is Compatible with iPod :

5G Video (30GB / 60GB)

However my 5G Video ipod doesn't have the pins next to the headphone jack that the headphones needs.

vitalstatistix
06-07-2008, 06:36 PM
They should check the plugs on the top of the iPod - the remote had an addtional pin which plugged into the 3rd gen iPod. I am pretty sure the 4th gen iPod doesn't have a two port plug in the top. The 5th gen doesn't.

Speedy Gonzales
06-07-2008, 08:52 PM
The 4th gen would work with that remote. I've got the 40 GB 4th gen here.

It's got the headphone socket and the little slot on top.