PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Faceplate

Twelvevolts
05-07-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm wanting to replace the face plate on my ASUS DRW-2014L1T - something I've done before. But I've lost the instructions and it isn't easy to work out without using force. My memory tells me the front plate moves up, but if anyone has done this recently perhaps you can reminds me what I did last time!!

wainuitech
05-07-2008, 10:27 PM
With the Drive out of the PC, In the front is a small hole, poke in something like a straightened out paper clip, push and the tray will open a little, pull out the tray a bit so you can work on it, on the actual door cover you twist it slightly upwards from the bottom, then once the clips have let go , simply slide it up.

The actual face plate of the drive, look on the sides, top and bottom of the drive, you will see clips, push these in with a small flat screwdriver, enough to release the clips ( about 3-4 mm) then at the same time gently pull out the face plate - to replace simply push the new /different one in.

Twelvevolts
06-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Thanks - it was the twisting from the bottom part that does the trick. Really easy once you know how.