PDA

View Full Version : Show us ya website

Metla
01-07-2008, 12:34 PM
The thread where you can show us your website, Viewers please refrain from critique unless asked to do, I know full well how mine looks to someone with skill.

On that note, If anyone wants to redesign mine for free then they are welcome to. Hell, Mine hasn't even got proper hosting yet, Stumbled when it came to getting out the credit card.

I'll leave the mods to determine how commercial sites are handled.

http://jurgensdemolition.co.nz/rcoffroad/

Poppa John
01-07-2008, 02:21 PM
A website is one of my projects for this year. As soon a s I feel a little intelligence coming on. No sarcasm Please. PJ :rolleyes:

pctek
01-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Looks fine to me Metla. I want one of those vehicles!!!

Eveyone knows my website already:

www.mcs.geek.nz

sal
01-07-2008, 02:39 PM
http://stash.ableapp.com/

Where I stash stuff of other peoples that I find online.

johcar
01-07-2008, 02:42 PM
The last picture on the track.html page - is that mini-Metla???

johcar
01-07-2008, 02:46 PM
I have two:

www.pickledpedallers.co.nz

and

www.jacksonfamily.co.nz

....both in a state of rebuild.

Trying to get Lightbox (javascript) to work for the picture pages, trying to get the feedback page and order form page on the pickledpedaller site converted to ASP...

roddy_boy
01-07-2008, 02:58 PM

Holy **** the photo made me laugh for about 5 minutes.

johcar
01-07-2008, 03:41 PM

Should I feel insulted??? :D

(That's an old photo now - new uniform coming in the next week or two. Lots more ladies in the group now too, so the photo will be much more pleasing on the eye - I'll make sure they are all in front!!!)

Thebananamonkey
01-07-2008, 04:31 PM
PCTek... I should have got my comp from you!

Pity we can't advertise on here. I could have saved myself some money, which I then could have lost to a courier company.

I bought my name.co.nz but never bothered to put anything on it. Too lazy. Was going to turn it into a bio/pay me to sing for you page... but didn't want it to turn out like some others I've seen... I was going to link them it here, but that's too mean.

CYaBro
01-07-2008, 04:33 PM
I would post my business website but I didn't create it :p
Plus I haven't had a chance to update it.

pcuser42
01-07-2008, 04:35 PM
http://www.alexandgruntz.co.nr

The guestbook is just a little empty. :D

wratterus
01-07-2008, 04:44 PM

We'll see to that....

Roscoe
01-07-2008, 05:00 PM

Quite agree.:thumbs: Love the colour scheme. The person who dreamed it up must have done so after a nightmare. Still, I imagine that you would be easily seen!!!:D Was that the reason?

There was only one worse, the guy with the large orange polka dots on his white shirt at the bbq. With a shirt and hat like that he would always be noticed!

Overall, the site is good, easy to navigate, everything loaded quickly, but you appear to have overdone the orange a touch.:D

But would it make me join you? You look silly enough,:) so I most probably would - if I lived on the shore.

Digby
01-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Here's one of mine

www.dareme.co.nz

Its only a work in progress.

10 percent discount to all Press F1 members !

Thebananamonkey
01-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Here's one of mine

www.dareme.co.nz

Only if the model comes with the dress.

roddy_boy
01-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Should I feel insulted??? :D

(That's an old photo now - new uniform coming in the next week or two. Lots more ladies in the group now too, so the photo will be much more pleasing on the eye - I'll make sure they are all in front!!!)

It was the guy on the far left who looks a real hoot.

Thebananamonkey
01-07-2008, 05:25 PM
It was the guy on the far left who looks a real hoot.

Do you feel like sharing why? Or do you just want to get banned again?

Going for some sort of a record?

plod
01-07-2008, 05:45 PM

well if your thinking roddy_boy is picking on the black guy, I think you might be wrong, Im guessing the one above

Thebananamonkey
01-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Who is quite funny, admittedly.

Given his track record, and the definition of far left, I think I'll stick to my guns until I'm flamed off them.

Jen
01-07-2008, 05:56 PM
I have two:

Gosh, all those men in tight leggings/bike pants ... :banana :p

vitalstatistix
01-07-2008, 06:03 PM

Crap site. Who designed it? Windows isn't the only OS on the planet. Even Microsoft knows that.

vitalstatistix
01-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Here's one of mine

www.dareme.co.nz

I'll have a truck load thanks - of the models that is :thumbs:

Jen
01-07-2008, 06:06 PM
... Viewers please refrain from critique unless asked to do

Crap site. Hmm .. what part of don't critique unless asked to don't you understand?

vitalstatistix
01-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Hmm .. what part of don't critique unless asked to don't you understand?

If I can't view a website because it doesn't support more than one OS - its a crap site - or at least its designer is or they are just very narrow minded. :rolleyes: Even good old PC World NZ/PF1 forum supports all OSes and browsers.

Jen
01-07-2008, 06:10 PM
If I can't view a website because it doesn't support more than one OS - its a crap site - or at least its designer is. :rolleyes:No problem here with Linux. :)

pcuser42
01-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Crap site. Who designed it? Windows isn't the only OS on the planet. Even Microsoft knows that.

I know Windows isn't the only OS. However, Gruntz (which the site is about) doesn't run on Macs. That's why I blocked Mac users. :D

BTW it may run on Linux under Wine.

(Although the Mac block doesn't work on Firefox. :xmouth:)

vitalstatistix
01-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Then my comment stands.

pcuser42
01-07-2008, 06:12 PM
(Although the Mac block doesn't work on Firefox. )

Then my comment stands.

It does?

vitalstatistix
01-07-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm using FF3.0 - just checked, doesn't work on Safari either
Testing bugs maybe..

Sorry - just go put off by the initial home page - the rest are ok. :thumbs:
Nothing on Tips yet or cheats but everything else looks ok.

kenj
01-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Gosh, all those men in tight leggings/bike pants ... :banana :p

Calm down now Jen :D :D

Ken

Metla
01-07-2008, 09:30 PM
I want one of those vehicles!!!

I'm trying to cut back....

http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/rccars.jpg

I even went so far as to stash them all around different parts of the shed after taking the photo....

roddy_boy
01-07-2008, 09:33 PM

How is thinking someone looks funny any reason to get banned? Are you accusing me of racism for thinking a black man looks funny? You've a lot to learn.

roddy_boy
01-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Who is quite funny, admittedly.

Ban for racism for thinking a white guy looks funny imo.

johcar
01-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Quite agree.:thumbs: Love the colour scheme. The person who dreamed it up must have done so after a nightmare. Still, I imagine that you would be easily seen!!! : D Was that the reason?

There was only one worse, the guy with the large orange polka dots on his white shirt at the bbq. With a shirt and hat like that he would always be noticed!

Overall, the site is good, easy to navigate, everything loaded quickly, but you appear to have overdone the orange a touch.:D

But would it make me join you? You look silly enough,:) so I most probably would - if I lived on the shore.

Yeah, the colour scheme was for visibility, although we ended up with too much white on the back. The new one is better than the old, in our opinion - orange and black with white highlighting, hence the website colour scheme.

Glad you liked the picture of me in my Tour de France "King of the Mountain" t-shirt!! :D

The thing about cycling groups is to be noticed - if that means looking silly to some, then so be it! Better to be thought idiots (most of us are) than to be knocked off (some of us have been, anyway)

@ roddy_boy - the guy you refer to is nicknamed Bigpete - for obvious reasons. But he makes the effort, and is actually a pretty strong rider...

@ Jen - you're welcome to come along and get a closer look at all those 'men-in-tights' next time you're in Auckland on a Sunday morning!! :thumbs:

vitalstatistix
01-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Looks fine to me Metla. I want one of those vehicles!!!

Eveyone knows my website already:

www.mcs.geek.nz

I like it. Very well done :thumbs:

qazwsxokmijn
01-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Metla, OT, but you reckon you could dismantle Biante model cars and put engines/etc to make it radio controlled?

pctek
02-07-2008, 09:59 AM
I like it. Very well done :thumbs:

I get bored with it quite often and change it, I have the next one half done for when this becomes boring.

Renmoo
02-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Calm down now Jen :D :D

Ken
Let's not get into the fine details of where those hands cross...

Cicero
02-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Here's one of mine

www.dareme.co.nz

I didn't realise you were a filthy beast.

SolMiester
02-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Ooooo, yay, time for some hacking fun ah boys and girls....now who shall we play with?....hehe

John W
02-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Ok, heres my site http://ourpage.co.nz/

I took a few quick lessons at Computing4free here in Mosgiel, 2yrs ago, then went for it. Taught myself Photoshop CS2 (wish I had CS3), Frontpage 2003, Filezilla, Online Forms, and a few other things.

I thought the only way I would really learn abouyt website development was to offer to create a few free websites to local groups, worked a treat. Now Im asked to create a new website every two months or so. I dont charge much, more a hobby than anything else.

Ever noticed how Webpage developers usually retain a certain style common across all their websites.

johcar
02-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Ok, heres my site http://ourpage.co.nz/

I took a few quick lessons at Computing4free here in Mosgiel, 2yrs ago, then went for it. Taught myself Photoshop CS2 (wish I had CS3), Frontpage 2003, Filezilla, Online Forms, and a few other things.

I thought the only way I would really learn abouyt website development was to offer to create a few free websites to local groups, worked a treat. Now Im asked to create a new website every two months or so. I dont charge much, more a hobby than anything else.

Ever noticed how Webpage developers usually retain a certain style common across all their websites.

http://ourpage.co.nz - "14 Joe Bwown Ave"??

(Sorry, I test software - so I'm a bit on the pedantic side when it comes to details)

And John - frames?!?!?!?!?! (at least on a couple I looked at)

johcar
02-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Ooooo, yay, time for some hacking fun ah boys and girls....now who shall we play with?....hehe

Get back, foul fiend!! [reaches for holy water and garlic]

Cicero
03-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Not knowing a thing about how one makes a web site,is it hard to do and why do we have one?

I can see someone tyring to sell something needing one.

PJ says he is getting one,to do what?

Metla
03-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Mine is just an extension of my hobby, and a way of getting word out about my track. Though I don't personally think anyone has to have a reason.

Poppa John
03-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Not knowing a thing about how one makes a web site,is it hard to do and why do we have one?

I can see someone tyring to sell something needing one.

PJ says he is getting one,to do what?

Mainly to see if I can. If I can, I might advertise my books on there. $$$$$ PJ

Cicero
03-07-2008, 08:31 PM
I wonder if we do anything without reason?

rob_on_guitar
13-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Id like to do one for my guitars and jamming.
And horror movies.

Metla
23-10-2008, 05:08 PM
ah, I finally moved my site to a real URL.

So, I figured I'd update this thread.

Here we go

For all things related to off-road Radio Control cars in and around the Wanganui manawatu region plus a look at whatever takes my fancy, May i present to you...

http://rcoffroad.co.nz/

and one day....I may even update the content

SurferJoe46
23-10-2008, 06:19 PM
x

wainuitech
23-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Hey Metla- good site :thumbs: Just reading through - when you get around to updating the site,
Wellington Shoppers-Tough luck

Your best bet maybe to visit the bookstore in Upper Hutt,( I forget its name, someone will have to remind me) Its run by great people who support the RC scene. Think the person you are after is Ross Bee from J & N Books & Gifts , known the guy for years from my Model RC Plane days - You're right Great Guy.

Might even get back into them one day :(

Metla
23-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Hey Metla- good site :thumbs: Just reading through - when you get around to updating the site, Think the person you are after is Ross Bee from J & N Books & Gifts , known the guy for years from my Model RC Plane days - You're right Great Guy.

Might even get back into them one day :(

Sweeet, I added their details and updated most of the other pages. No idea why I figured it was a good idea to use the F word in a couple places.

rob_on_guitar
24-10-2008, 12:46 AM
x

Did you just give metla a kiss? :lol:

Cicero
24-10-2008, 06:57 AM
Did you just give metla a kiss? :lol:

I had wondered about out Joe,I think it was the limp wrist.