PDA

View Full Version : Linksys

notechyet
27-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Hello members
I had a faulty WAG54GP2 router modem of Linksys and they are replacing it but run out of this model.
Does anyone of you know which is the next similar model to that? I still like to have the VOIP option and 4 LAN ports.

Speedy Gonzales
27-06-2008, 12:52 PM
And this is the new modem new problems post you posted

How did you find out, that it was faulty??

I would find another brand of modem / router that has 4 ports and supports VOIP

notechyet
28-06-2008, 07:05 AM
Speedy
The router modem was one and half years old.
It is now a few weeks back as the power light went on red(instead of green).
I did try all sorts from restart and to reset and then rang Linksys support and they went through all sorts of procedures without success.
They gave (send) me a repair form and I did send the machine to the reseller.
Linksys then send a note that they would replace it.During the 1.5 years I have been using the modem/router it did work very reliable and so, if I can I would stick with Linksys unless someone can convince me to another brand and machine.
NT

Bantu
28-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Linksys is great in my opinion. They should advise on something equally comparable with your current one and replace accordingly.

I have had a couple of replacements for clients and they have always been very good about it.

SolMiester
28-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Hello members
I had a faulty WAG54GP2 router modem of Linksys and they are replacing it but run out of this model.
Does anyone of you know which is the next similar model to that? I still like to have the VOIP option and 4 LAN ports.

Yes, i had a faulty unit as well, kept dropping connection, however i wasnt interested in the VoIP, so just got the WAG200G

notechyet
28-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Linksys is great in my opinion. They should advise on something equally comparable with your current one and replace accordingly.

I have had a couple of replacements for clients and they have always been very good about it.
Bantu
The only advice they had if I wanted VOIP was the new release thats coming next month as I mentioned above. I also found Linksys very helpfull!:thumbs:
SolMiester
Is the WAG200 a router/modem/wireless?
And are you guys using the Linksys interface or other firmware?
:thanks
NT

PPp
28-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Seems to be plenty on sale at Price Spy!!

http://pricespy.co.nz/pno_9321.html

I purchased one amonth ago, they go out like hot cakes, you usually have to preorder and wait for the next shipment.

notechyet
28-06-2008, 04:08 PM
PPp
Interestingly Linksys themselves could not replace it, so I would've had to choose another model or they would refund, so I chose the later.

PPp
28-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Might be easier for them. they seem pretty stretched, shipment date was extended due unexplained delays.
VoIP seems to be popular!

SolMiester
28-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Bantu
The only advice they had if I wanted VOIP was the new release thats coming next month as I mentioned above. I also found Linksys very helpfull!:thumbs:
SolMiester
Is the WAG200 a router/modem/wireless?
And are you guys using the Linksys interface or other firmware?
:thanks
NT

Yes & Yes