PDA

View Full Version : Flash player not working

olwyn
26-06-2008, 02:56 PM
For some reason the grabaseat page won't fully load. All I get is the green grabaseat banner with airnewzealand.co and that's it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled adobe flash player, played around with active X prompts but nothing.This applys to both Firefox and Internet Explorer and yet it used to load fully a few months ago. I'm running WindowsXP SP2
Can anyone enlighten me please.

Thanks

wratterus
26-06-2008, 03:00 PM
You've probably done this already - but do it again.

In Internet Explorer, go to www.adobe.com and click on the 'Get Flash Player' link. Agree to the terms and conditions, install the ActiveX object and wait for a few minutes, while the white and green bars are moving along the bottom of the screen. You'll get an animation saying 'Adobe Flash Player Successfully Installed'.

Close and re-open Internet Explorer, and try Grabaseat again. Have you got Internet Explorer 7 installed, with all it's updates?

Also, you can try clearing out temp files, download CCleaner from www.ccleaner.com to do that.

olwyn
26-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks
Tried that but in IE (I have IE7) it just won't load. I click on Agree and Install and it just keeps going back to that.
Installs ok with Firefox though doesn't play.
Regularly use CCleaner.

wratterus
26-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Post a HijackThis (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis) log.

Also in IE go to Tools/Internet Options.

Click on the Security Tab, if the "Reset all Zones to default level" button isn't greyed out, press it. Do the same in the Privacy Tab, (Press the default button, if it isn't greyed out) and in the Content Tab, clear the SSL slate.

Your PCs date and time are correct?

olwyn
26-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Reset Security tab to default
Privacy tab was greyed out and cleared SSL
No change so here's HijackThis log

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:05:10 p.m., on 26/06/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Mums Folder2\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Mums Folder2\MSGTAG Status\MSGTAGStatus.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\IJPLM\IJPLMSVC.EXE
C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Olwyn\My Documents\Hijack This\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.solopassion.com/blog/2
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nod32kui] "C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe" /WAITSERVICE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSGTAG] "C:\Program Files\Mums Folder2\MSGTAG Status\MSGTAGStatus.exe" /startup
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.telecom.co.nz
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Mums Folder2\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: BrSplService (Brother XP spl Service) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\brsvc01a.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: PIXMA Extended Survey Program (IJPLMSVC) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Canon\IJPLM\IJPLMSVC.EXE
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: NOD32 Kernel Service (NOD32krn) - Eset - C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SONYSH~1\AVLib\PACSPT~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SONYSH~1\AVLib\Sptisrv.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

Speedy Gonzales
26-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Tick this entry its missing the end bit

Close browsers

O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\

Reboot

Then see what happens

It may need Java?? It doesnt look like this is installed.

Its in my sig below. Install that see if that fixes it

olwyn
26-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Thanks
Did have Java but not up to date so have updated that and checked 020 Winlogon but Flash still not working

wratterus
27-06-2008, 09:08 AM
:illogical

Lets try resetting IE back to factory settings.

In IE - Tools -> Internet Options. Advanced Tab

Hit the restore advanced settings button, and the reset button. Restart IE.

Bear in mind this will clear out your saved passwords, history etc.

Give that another go.

Are you on broadband? If so, do a windows update and perhaps put SP3 on - might fix/cover up the issue.

But before doing that, you don't have a HP or Compaq PC with an AMD processor? As long as your PC doesn't meet those criteria, you'll be fine installing SP3. There's a driver that HP uses related to AMD processors and seems to cause issues with installing SP3. You can disable it...it's a bit of a mission though.

wratterus
27-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Here's (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/grabaseeat.JPG) today's deals for you anyway, til we get this solved!!! :p

olwyn
27-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Well I've done as you suggested and did the restore advanced settings. Nothing changed so installed SP3 and still nothing. Most odd.

BTW Thanks for todays deals. Had almost forgotten what it looked like!

wratterus
27-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Well I've done as you suggested and did the restore advanced settings. Nothing changed so installed SP3 and still nothing. Most odd.

And SP3! I'm running out of ideas. :(

Go to Start, Run and type:

iexplore.exe /rereg

A blank IE window will open up. Leave it for a few minutes, (it runs silently in the background) then restart the PC and try again.

I mentioned the date and time earlier on, although it shouldn't make a difference, they are right?

Type (or copy) the following text, one line at a time, into the run box. Each time a message 'Dll RegisterServer Succeeded" or something to that effect. Initpki.dll may take a while, make sure you wait for the message before putting the next one in.

Or you can copy the text into a .txt file, and save it as whateveryouwantto.bat, then run it, bit quicker.

regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

wratterus
27-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Another thought - does www.airnewzealand.co.nz work? Try to book a flight, see if it lets you in.

olwyn
27-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Sorry forgot to mention that date and time are correct.
Yes Air NZ works just fine.

Did the iexplore.exe /rereg thing and got the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage message"
Am a bit nervous about doing .txt stuff. Feel I'm getting in over my head if you know what I mean.
Thanks so much for your help and patience though.

wratterus
27-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Yep fair enough. ;)

That's supposed to happen. :p

Copy and paste one line of text into the run box, press enter.

Keep doing it for each line of text.

Don't worry about copying them into a .txt file, just do it the simple way.

After that, I'm outta ideas! :blush: Hopefully one of the other beautiful people on here will have some useful ideas!

Wainuuuii!!! Heelp! :p

Speedy Gonzales
27-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Uninstall it with this (http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe) <-- direct link

It'll remove all versions of Flash player I think (inc Opera's/FF flash)

Then reinstall it.

Or as it says here (http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general/browse_thread/thread/6f1886b4b388fd5d)

It maybe a permission prob with XP and the flash player

Address the Permissions issue, by downloading from this information

Here (http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=fb1634cb&sliceId=2)

And getting the required files via the links there.

Downloading & Running the SubInACL file to the desktop, then download and
unzip to desktop the Reset.zip file (so now both required files are on the
Desktop).

Run the Reset command file, wait until it is finished, check the permissions
under Run/regedit/HKey_CURRENT_USER/Permissions/Advanced (checking that it
has changed and has the required info there).

Then update Flash Player by downloading the Flash Player update from within
C:\Windows\System32\Macromedia\Flash\FlashUtil9d.e xe

wainuitech
27-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Sorry for answering you late wratterus - between actually having to work today (late on a friday):angry and watching TV I only just really got her to read this about 9.45pm ( didn't see then second page) - I sent a PM but I see speedy actually linked the uninstaller as well, I did have a similar problem, and totally removing flash player did fix it - as the TV says - BUT wait theres More - the latest version of flash player ( at the time) didn't fix my problem, so I installed a earlier version from Here (http://www.oldapps.com/Macromedia_Flash_Player.htm). That worked.

One other thing you can try if the above doesn't work, open IE, Tools > Internet Options > Advanced, under Browsing, untick "Disable Script Bugging" - nothing to lose.

wratterus
30-06-2008, 09:00 AM
No worries. Thanks :p

Working late on a Friday! :horrified

Just kidding. Will have to see if olwyn returns today...

*bump*

olwyn
30-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Right Here we go again. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm really up to this but here goes anyway.
Got as far as this below but find I have no Permissions option in Hkey_CURRENT_USER so not sure where to go next.

Run the Reset command file, wait until it is finished, check the permissions
under Run/regedit/HKey_CURRENT_USER/Permissions/Advanced (checking that it
has changed and has the required info there).

Disabled Script Bugging as suggested by wainuitech.
Haven't tried your run box option yet wratterus thought I'd go subinacl way first.(looked slightly easier :) )

wratterus
30-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Yep, cool, give it a go, let us know the result.