PDA

View Full Version : Modem

07-05-2001, 09:51 AM
I have a KTX PII system running Win98. My modem is a Conexant HCF V90 56K Speakerphone PCI. It is working well, but under Connection, Call Preferences, the box 'Disconnect a call if idle for more than ...mins' is greyed out. Can anyone tell me how to get this feature going?

Thanks,
Mack Holmes

07-05-2001, 02:50 PM
...from Internet Explorer go:

Tools > Options > Connections [one may also get to here by right-click IE desk top icon and press properties] > Settings > Advanced.

This opens the 'Advanced Dial-up Functions' box and from where you may easily tweak the setting/s you want.

07-05-2001, 04:25 PM
Thank you. I've tried that, but if I go Dial-up-networking>Connection Properties>Connect using configure>connection, the box 'Disconnect if idle...' is still greyed out.

11-05-2001, 02:52 AM
What version of Internet Explorer are you using?

I would think this is an I.E. problem. An upgrade or Uninstall/Reinstall may fix it, but only if the defective file is overwritten (sometimes not all files are removed during an uninstall).

However, the damaged file may be part of Windows dial-up networking, in which case you are best to try and find a fix in the tech support knowledge base at www.microsoft.com. There are plenty of articles relating to dial-up networking problems.

12-05-2001, 11:25 AM
Thanks. The problem is fixed.