PDA

View Full Version : Asus EAH3870X2

Robbie W
17-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Hiya,

I have this card insalled on an Asus P5K-E motherboard,Intel Q9450@ 2.66Ghz.

I had a lot of heating problems for the 1st week as the GPU fan kept running at a constant 20%.I then found that Smart Doctor needed to be installed for fan control this improved things no end.

I also found by searching internet the TechPowerUp GPU-Z 0.2.3 installed and found a lot more info on the graphic card temps.
Unfortunately a few things this old brain finds it hard to digest.
http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Untitled1213672651.jpg

LH one changes all the time with temperatures and current rising and falling.
RH one never changes as far as I am aware.
I was informed crosswire enabled.

Is my card only recognising one section of video card?

I am not sure what VDDC slave and current mean did a google but no help there very few hits.

I have seen the current up to high 30 amps got me a bit worried.

I can't install atitools Microsoft have decided to invade my privacy and tells me what I can or can't install.

(tested link does work:))

Any info appreciated and thanks for reading.

Regards Gramps

qazwsxokmijn
17-06-2008, 03:26 PM
I don't understand why you need to have two GPU-Z windows open?

I'm guessing the VDDC is the core temperature from the core itself or a sensor very close to the core. 51 degrees is not a temperature I'd be worried about.

Driftwood
17-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Is you main concern the temperature of the GPU?

Thebananamonkey
17-06-2008, 04:13 PM
I'm guessing the VDDC is the core temperature from the core itself or a sensor very close to the core. 51 degrees is not a temperature I'd be worried about.

Especially not in GPU's, which sit WAY higher in terms of heat than CPU's do. They can get up to 100C on a bad day.

Robbie W
17-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Qaz I don't have 2 windows open just did it this way for convenience so people could see the different temps.

Basically guys I wanted to know why the temperatures are so different between the 2 choices.

Bottom of window

ASUS EAH3870X2 Series this LH side of pic
ASUS EAH3870X2 Series this RHside of pic

Exactly like display adaptors in device manager hence the query as to why 1 is not showing temp changes etc

Thanks for the prompt replies

Regards Gramps