PDA

View Full Version : PCTS.exe

effie c
16-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Hi,
:groan:

Of late after a start up I get the above window, suggesting I reinstall the program- What program?--- I did a system restore after I first found this in case I had corrupted anything--no difference.

I did a Google and it appears not an uncommon complaint and a "free "correction file should be downloaded and it would correct that exe program.

I did that and found I had to dowload regcure first - did that, and as always regcure want money up front - free?-no way

If I have to clear the registry out, other than with Ccleaner,regseeker etc I would go for Auslogic speed up program at $A39.95

Can some kind F1 enlighten me please?
:thanks

effie c

Speedy Gonzales
16-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Delete that file entry in startup with ccleaner.Then it wont appear again

effie c
16-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Hi Speedy,

did that - here's hoping-sorry did not mean to denigrate your effort-knowing my ability to get in the poo - I very much appreciate it- just what did I do to get that anyway?
it appears to be connected to spyware doctor
Anyway
thanks again

effie c

Speedy Gonzales
16-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Run ccleaner, click on tools / startup, find that pcts.exe entry highlight it click on delete. If spyware isnt installed now

effie c
16-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Hi Speedy,

Yep,spyware doctor has gone from desktop and add/remove showed it, but said, that the program no longer existed"did I want it removed?" -- did so - now if I redown load "spy doc" will I get that intrusion notice again?
It is a very good program which I got off your signature
effie c

Speedy Gonzales
16-06-2008, 10:42 AM
No it shouldnt re-appear if you reinstall it.

Its in WT's sig, not mine