PDA

View Full Version : Canon IP 4500 inkjet out of ink warning

Digby
13-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Hi Guys

I have a Canon IP 4500 colour printer and am very pleased with it.

It has 6 ink cartridges and I am sure that it is cheaper to run than my old Epson and HP's were.

My question is .. When the ink in a colour cartridge gets low it gives me a warning. So I buy a new cartridge (from Cartridge World - good prices plug plug).

But when should I replace it ? straight away or can I run it till I no longer see that colour or is there another message to come, or will the printer stop when it runs out completely ?

PaulD
13-06-2008, 03:25 PM
This sort of stuff will all be in the manual as well as the fact that there are 5 ink carts.

wratterus
13-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Canon will normally print till the cartridge is dry. May as well use it all up!

Lurking
13-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Hi Digby, wifey has one of these printers, it only has 5 cartidges! and she can count too!.

The machine will stop and wait for you to replace the empty cartridge with a full one.

Lurking.

paulw
13-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Canon will normally print till the cartridge is dry. May as well use it all up!

AS he says. I always use mine until the printer stops completely then replace the ink cart..

I must have a look at Cartridge World as the Canon orginals are getting rather pricey at $25 each..

Digby
13-06-2008, 07:41 PM
AS he says. I always use mine until the printer stops completely then replace the ink cart..

I must have a look at Cartridge World as the Canon originals are getting rather pricey at $25 each..

yes OK its got 5 cartridges.

Thanks for the advice - I will just wait till it stops.

My Cartridge World charges me $25.00 for 2 colour carts for this printer. So that is exactly half price and the guy says there is more ink in his ones !