PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my assignment

Adrian23q
01-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Hey All,

I just need a little help with a question i got in my Information Processes and Technology assignment.

"Eventually multi-core processors will not be able to increase processing speed (you can only fit so many cores on a single processor die). What technology manufactures considering that increase the speed of computers in the future?"

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cheers
Adrian:thumbs:

Speedy Gonzales
01-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Well there's only Intel and AMD to choose from

Erayd
01-06-2008, 10:16 PM
I doubt that your course instructor would look kindly on your getting someone else to do your assignments for you. Might I suggest you go and do a little research of your own rather than asking here?

If there is a specific concept you're having trouble understanding, that would be a far more appropriate question.

Adrian23q
01-06-2008, 10:19 PM
yeah i got it...

This likely means that higher levels of integration will primarily take the form of more cores and more cache.

Speedy Gonzales
01-06-2008, 10:24 PM
This might help (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-core)

beeswax34
01-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Also, to be a non-specific, look at how they will deal with heat and power consumption.

wainuitech
01-06-2008, 10:36 PM
What technology manufactures considering that increase the speed of computers in the future?"
That question really cant have a 100% correct answer - While there is all sorts of theory's, plans - no one can accurately predict what will actually happen - who knows what advancements will be discovered.

So any answer given can not be classed as incorrect.

Its a bit like saying - whats the 6 winning lotto numbers for next week.
Answer - ask me after the draw.

pctek
01-06-2008, 10:43 PM
What technology manufactures considering that increase the speed of computers in the future?"

Normally I don't do other peoples assignments for them but:

http://www.techradar.com/news/computing-components/upgrades/beyond-silicon-the-future-of-the-cpu-147829

And thats doomed too eventually.
Maybe by then quantum computing will be in your home. Well, not yours, your grandkids.

Now go look up quantum computing.

kahawai chaser
02-06-2008, 06:02 AM
You could visit technology submission/review sites for info, like techcrunch (http://www.techcrunch.com/), slashdot, extreme tech (http://www.extremetech.com/), and article directories, e.g. Go Articles (http://www.goarticles.com/), etc. Maybe sign up via rss feeds/email to get regular news of relevance to you...

vitalstatistix
02-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Hey All,

I just need a little help with a question i got in my Information Processes and Technology assignment.

"Eventually multi-core processors will not be able to increase processing speed (you can only fit so many cores on a single processor die). What technology manufactures considering that increase the speed of computers in the future?"

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cheers
Adrian:thumbs:

Sounds like you would be better off learning how to use Google and do your OWN research. I get the feeling lately that school kids have lost the ability to use the research part of their brains so they just jump on an internet forum and post their home work question and let someone else give them an answer and they hand that it - the end result is that they still don't know or understand **** about anything. Funny thing is that many kids know how to build their own PCs - why? Because they actually roll up their shirt sleeves, grab a Philips screw driver and LEARN who to build one :eek:

shocking eh.

johnd
02-06-2008, 05:32 PM
That question really cant have a 100% correct answer....
Does that matter? - the aim might be to get the student to do some research rather than regurgitate facts that can be 100% right or not. The tutor might be looking for how widely the student reads using reliable references to substantiate their argument.

vitalstatistix
02-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Does that matter? - the aim might be to get the student to do some research rather than regurgitate facts that can be 100% right or not. The tutor might be looking for how widely the student reads using reliable references to substantiate their argument.

Agreed. The ability to research a topic is sadly missing from today's students.

wainuitech
02-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Agreed. The ability to research a topic is sadly missing from today's students. My point exactly. Simply because no one knows the future, and any answer here could go on for pages and pages - looking / searching then putting it into a persons own words would suggest the background work has been done and hopefully understood.

To many times these days people simply look up a answer - copy paste and hand it in as there own work without the actual knowledge being gained.

Actually heard that at my sons school, he told me with a grin two students in his class looked up something about whales for an assignment copied pasted from the same site and both handed in the exact same thing word for word. They were made to go and redo it in their own words. He made the comment just as well he didn't do that, other wise he would be " in for it"

mikebartnz
02-06-2008, 08:47 PM
I would do a little research via IBM.