PDA

View Full Version : Digital Card No Sound

RusEvo
24-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Hello.....I need some help!!!

Today I replaced my trusty old Winfast PVR card with a Hauppage WinTV-HVR 4000.

Now I am using the Digital-T function and to my suprise am getting the channels (I was going to use it with the houses satellite because I didnt exepct to get signal from the aerial that never gave me the UHF channels).

Anyways it gives me sound when running its analouge tuner, but no sound at all when running digital-T, and I havent the skills to track down the problem on the net just yet (usually I do a search before bothering you guys).

Also my PC seems to struggle a little right now coping with running the channels smoothly, especially when I have just changed channels. But it then seems to settle down and run them OK. Gosh it must be a good card if it makes the netball look so good:) (I think the Netball might have been highdef it was so good).

Any ideas? Sound is required!!!

If it helps:
Asus M2A-VM-HDMI HD
AMD Dual Core 64x 4000 (2x 2.1ghz)
8600GT
2gig RAM

Technically the card needs a 3.1ghz processor, but I thought the dual core would be OK.

Oh yeah I dont think Im getting Maori TV, it seems to crash the PowerCinema!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!:banana

RusEvo
24-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Also I get more noticable "motion blur" than I have ever noticed before.....is that normal???

Also I recorded something for a few seconds, couldnt work out how to play it back in PowerCinema and then used media player classic but it would not play (just green squiggles).

But the sound problem is my biggest issue....

williamF
24-05-2008, 08:36 PM
does the card have separate sound outputs or does it go through the card's slot and cpu?

RusEvo
24-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Funny thing that...the answer is no, my old analoge card did, but there is no place to plug that wire in the new card...and sound WAS coming in analogue TV and radio I thinki.

I found a download in the Hauppage site which "fixes no sound issue in New Zealand Digital-T" on the same card as me but it doesnt appear to have worked when I ran it!!

Still working.

I think I will try this "media portal" thingee if I can find it to see if there is a difference.

RusEvo
25-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Well Mediaportal is only recognising my Analouge and Satellite cards but not the Digital-T one!!!

Bantu
25-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Have you properly installed the AAC Filter?
Do you have PowerDVD or CoreAVC installed for your HD decoders?

For MediaPortal - http://cranznz.googlepages.com/
For PowerCinema - http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=15034

Both Apps run sweet for DVB-T if you follow the instructions on these sites.
MediaPortal RC1 works fine. PowerCinema records to mpeg so it is not full HD. MP records to *.ts Files.

I run a PVR350 and also an HVR4000 card. Also if you want WinTV then use the latest 4.4 version on the Hauppauge Forum.

RusEvo
25-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks I will try,

By the way I just updated the powercinema version 5.1 I have and now I do get sound........but absolutely no picture.

I want to give Mediaportal a go, but I think I will need to get rid of this version as it doesnt recognise the one card (Digital-T) that I want to get going.....aarrgghh

And I had tracked down that it might be AAC but havent successully downloaded anythign on that!!!

Bantu
25-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Do you have an mpeg4 codec installed? Eg PowerDVD's H.264/AVC codec?
Changing channels does take time it is not as fast as a TV set. In MediaPortal when you change it starts Time Shifting first.

PowerCinema works but it is fairly useless software. It is only recently that we have managed to get it to work in NZ both on DVB-S and DVB-T various people have been working on various patches for it for months that I have had the card.

Also check in on the forum, a lot of Kiwi's helping on here. http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-talk-45/calling-all-mp-new-zealanders-both-you-2321/

Geekzone.co.nz also has a few threads on DVB-T

RusEvo
28-05-2008, 11:34 PM
I have been all over the net and tried many many things (I feel like crying lol).

Mediaportal looks nice but only sees my Analogue and Satellite cards but not the Digital T one that I need!!

Gbpvr seems to tune the channels, but click on live TV and the thing just gives a blank screen and then jumps back to the menu.

AAARRRGHGHGHG

I have tried Hauppage & powercinema updates.

I have gotten AAC & other codecs put on (though I am not knowledgable enough to know if they connect to powercinema or how that works).

Its really upsetting to not be able to crack this after so many hours, yet I know it may well be something very very simple!!!

I am closing in on the stage where i return it to the shop........but its such a good product if it works!!!

One interesting thing is that audio in the options is locked to digital only, but I plug into my amplifier via the headphone jacks on my on board sound!!

Aarrgghghgh

Bantu
29-05-2008, 07:22 AM
First up Windows should see the card. If you have the drivers installed it should look something like this in Device Manager. The *88x ones.
http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/dmanager.jpg

MediaPortal should see your card. And display the DVB-T and DVB-S and Analogue settings.
http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/mp1.jpg

The Monogram AAC File extract the zip then copy this to your windows\system32 directory (or another location of your choice) and register it using regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\mmaacd.ax

For DVB-T you DO require a UHF Aerial plugged into the card.

RusEvo
29-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Yup I get great picture but not sound on terrestrial so its working and know to the PC.

That monogram move seems a bit above me but I will try, thanks.

By the way I have been advised to get a fixit CD from Hauppage Singapore!!!:crying

RusEvo
29-05-2008, 06:42 PM
I found regvr32 but how do I register something:waughh: with it???

Bantu
29-05-2008, 06:50 PM
As I said in the previous post.

The Monogram AAC File extract the zip then copy this to your windows\system32 directory (or another location of your choice) and register it using regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\mmaacd.ax

RusEvo
29-05-2008, 06:53 PM
I managed to register the Monogram lols following your instructions. Still no sound.

I think I need to call support for that CD but its Singapore...

Bantu
30-05-2008, 07:57 AM
No need to update your CD.

If your CD is CD-WINTV-HD-S2-PCM-51-V1 then it will work if you follow the instructions from DS_NZ.

Read the thread http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=15034

Make sure and run hwclear and reinstall using the proper instructions. Don't let Windows automatically install them. Reboot when done.

It is possible you have a faulty card, but unlikely.

RusEvo
30-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks but thats not the version I have, my CD is different........I think I tried the patch anyways as one of my many efforts.

The Hauppage support website suggests I need a CD & today I arranged to have it sent from Singapore.

Its a shame Mediaportal & GBPVR arent working to let me have something whilst I wait.

Is there any other free & easy to use TV software??

RusEvo
10-06-2008, 07:29 PM
OK the CD arrived from Singapore and I have my sound now.......if I had had the disk from the get go then PowerCinema would have been good from the start.

Thank you.