PDA

View Full Version : How to transfer Cab files

sarel
24-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Hi guys

I want to transfer the cab files I saved when I reformatted my PC. Express is looking for Abf files (Version 6.00.whatever). How do I do it?

sarel

kjaada
24-05-2008, 04:40 PM
The answer is here:http://www.alphazip.com/cab-files.htm

Speedy Gonzales
24-05-2008, 04:40 PM
And what cab files exactly did you save before you reformatted?

What exactly is Express?? Outlook Express you mean?

If you mean OE, I dont think it'll load / import cabs filles, theyre like compressed files.

sarel
24-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Yes Speedy, Outlook Express - there is an Import facility where you can import another address book.

sarel

kjaada
24-05-2008, 05:31 PM
If you have Windows XP

Windows XP already has support for opening cabinet files. When you open a cab file in Windows Explorer, you will see the contents listed just as if it was an ordinary folder. You can drag and drop the contents to an ordinary folder before opening or running them.

Windows XP support for cab files is read only. You cannot create your own cab files, or add files to an existing cabinet. For a more robust solution to the problem of working with cab files, use Alpha ZIP.
If you have another version of Windows

There is no built-in support for opening cab files in versions of Windows that preceded Windows XP. There are many archive manager programs available on the Web, many of which support the cab format in addition to more common archive formats such as zip.

Speedy Gonzales
24-05-2008, 05:33 PM
wab you mean then, not cab?

Or do you mean communicator address book (cab, its actually nab)??

Just select it then import / add it

sarel
24-05-2008, 05:54 PM
The files I have are cab files - when you import, cab extensions are not recognised. I think in any case I saved the wrong frickin file.

sarel

Agent_24
24-05-2008, 07:06 PM
outlook express uses .wab for addresses as far as I know..

Speedy Gonzales
24-05-2008, 07:17 PM
The files I have are cab files - when you import, cab extensions are not recognised. I think in any case I saved the wrong frickin file.

sarel

Yup I think you got the wrong file/s

sarel
25-05-2008, 09:08 AM
Oh sh*t SWMBO's gonna kill me. Really. She said so before I attempted the reformatting : *Shrill voice that can cut through steel* "Remember to make SURE that ALL our addresses will be back when you've finished" Me :*wiping the blood from me black, closed eyes* : "yes dear" (That's all you are supposed to say)

Oh golly - I do think I've got some Wabs somewhere on one of my old b*ggered drives - hmmmmmmmmmm. Will see

sarel