PDA

View Full Version : Canon IP 8500 Printer

Brassed Off
24-05-2008, 03:02 PM
My Canon IP 8500 has died recently. So has anyone got a manual for this printer and also has anyone got one of these printers for sale please.
Thanks.

R.M.
24-05-2008, 06:00 PM
This:
http://www.retrevo.com/support/Canon-iP8500-Printers-manual/id/259dj499/t/2/

will give you a copy of the quick start manual. Hope that helps.

I have/use this printer, but it's not for sale. :(

beeswax34
24-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Have you looked at TradeMe or pricespy to see if anyone has the printer for sale?

Brassed Off
25-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Thanks for replies.
No I have looked on Trade me and also It was supposed to read service manual not user manual as already have that. I tried to edit to read that but somehow it came out wrong.

PaulD
25-05-2008, 09:45 AM
What is wrong with your printer? You can find various sites claiming to sell PDF downloads of the Service Manual but that won't help you if the printhead is blocked up. The manual will just say "replace".

Brassed Off
25-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Printer was working fine and I think It had a possible power surge at that time ? wasnt running through UPS. When tried later in evening it failed to put any ink down on page. Printer makes all usual noises and takes paper through and appears to be printing and nothing prints on paper at all. Not any colours when tested.
Been through all the cleaning procedures several times and no difference.
Regarding manuls I have found a few free ones on Canon at variuos websites but none for this model.
Its not the drivers or USB port as reinstalled drivers etc and still no difference.
Even went to using a new hard drive with Win XP Pro installed and nothing else and installed on this hard drive and still same results.
Possible power supply fault maybe.?

Brassed Off
26-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Found after a good look around the web a website with heaps of manuals and found the correct service manual for this printer. It took a bit of looking around.
But thanks for anyone who tried to find one.

PaulD
26-05-2008, 10:40 PM
If the printer has enough control to run paper through it is unlikely to be power supply. Have you tried ringing Canon? I've ring their service number a couple of times and managed to speak to the techs that do the fixing.

Brassed Off
27-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Hi. Yes I rung Canon and all they suggested was taking in to one of there service agents to have a look at. But they gave some hints on things it might be like Like printer head and gave a price of it and they didnt mention power supply. More like possible logic board fault is my guess. Dont recall if they mentioned that now.
It appears they dont supply parts on individual component level. Just board replacement level.