PDA

View Full Version : broadband speed too good????

mabix
24-05-2008, 01:20 PM
hi guys

we've just moved onto xtras go plan with the discount from their dialup promotion, and I know for sure that you get 3gb before being throttled back to dialup speed... i think its 40 a month minus the 13 off for the plan..

however....

the xtra meter tells me ive done 4.5 GB and yet my torrents are still moving at 400kb/s????

should I be happy? or worried that im going to get a big bill?

jwil1
24-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Big bill coming up! (I think :) )

The_End_Of_Reality
24-05-2008, 02:16 PM
It takes Xtra a good day or two, sometimes even 3 to throttle you... Last month I got 12GB on our 6GB plan before I was throttled...

sal
24-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Yep, especially if it's your first month on broadband, for whatever reason they're a bit slow to throttle you but after a month or two the throttle will start kicking in when it should. Enjoy the free lunch all the same.

trinsic
24-05-2008, 03:06 PM
It takes Xtra a good day or two, sometimes even 3 to throttle you... Last month I got 12GB on our 6GB plan before I was throttled...

I on average hit 15GB as I don't get capped for a week. One time it went for 2 weeks (got to the end of the month)! One of my months I actually uploaded 7GB (on my 6GB plan), downloaded near 90GB :thumbs:

Check if your plan caps to 64kb. If it does then you have nothing to worry about get as much as you can before it disconnects :D

mabix
24-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Yep, especially if it's your first month on broadband, for whatever reason they're a bit slow to throttle you but after a month or two the throttle will start kicking in when it should. Enjoy the free lunch all the same.

oooh dont worry- I actually hate telecom. I think ill just set just about everything I can find to download. haha.

good job :P